Tata Tiago: ABS Now Standard; XB Variant Discontinued
Tata’s best-selling hatch gets ABS with EBD and corner stability control as standard now!
- The Tiago now gets ABS with EBD and CSC (corner stability control) as standard.
- Dual front airbags and front seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters continue to be offered as optional extras in the lower variants.
- With the removal of the XB variant from the lineup, the Tiago XE becomes the new base variant of the hatchback.
- Tata has also made some changes to the feature list of each variant.
Tata Motors has updated variant lineup of its best-selling hatchback, the Tiago. The carmaker has discontinued the base-spec XB variant, which makes the Tiago XE the new base variant of the hatchback.
Along with this, the carmaker has also updated the standard safety net of the Tiago. It now gets ABS with EBD and CBC (corner stability control) as standard across the range. Earlier, these features were limited to the XZ and the XZ+ variants. The latest update puts the Tiago on par with its rivals like the Hyundai Santro, Datsun GO and Maruti Suzuki Wagon R, which already get ABS with EBD as standard across the range.
However, the Tiago still misses out on a standard driver airbag, as the dual front airbags are still part of the options list in the lower variants. Other cars in this segment, including the Santro and the WagonR, get driver airbag as standard. And while the lower variants of the WagonR are offered with an optional co-passenger airbag, the Santro gets it only in the top-spec Asta variant. The Datsun GO, on the other hand, is the only car in its class to offer dual front airbags as standard.
Tata has also tinkered with the feature list of the Tiago. Here’s a quick look at what has changed:
- Collapsible grab handles are now available right from the base variant. Earlier, it was offered from the XM variant onwards.
- Rear parcel shelf is now limited to the XZ and XZ+ variants. Earlier, it was available from the XM variant onwards.
- Follow-me-home headlamps are now available from the XT variant instead of the XM.
- Earlier, height adjustable driver seat and adjustable front headrests were optional in the lower variants while being standard in the XZ and XZ+ variants. Now, they are limited to the XZ and XZ+ variants.
Also Read: Maruti Wagon R 2019: In Pictures
Read More on : Tata Tiago AMT