- + 19Images
MG HectorChange car
Hector Latest Update
Latest update: The MG Hector has been revealed ahead of its launch in India in June. It will be available in four variants details of which you can find here. Want to take a good look at the Hector? Check out exterior and interior images of the mid-size SUV here. The carmaker has also revealed its specifications and you can read more about it here.
MG Hector Launch, Bookings & Expected Price: MG has announced that it will open pre-launch bookings for the Hector early June. Prices and deliveries of the Hector will also begin in June. We expect base prices of the Hector to start around the Rs 15 lakh mark.
Rivals & Size: MG Hector is a five-seat, mid-size SUV and competes with the likes of the Jeep Compass, Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500 and Hyundai Tucson. As far as dimensions are concerned, at 4655mm, the Hector is the longest car in the segment. It also has the longest wheelbase at 2750mm. The MG Hector has a boot space of 587 litres, the largest in the segment.
Powertrain: MG Hector will be available with both petrol and diesel engine options. While both the engines will be available with a manual transmission, MG is likely to offer an automatic transmission with the petrol engine. Both engines are expected to be available across the variant lineup. The petrol engine will be available with a 48V mild-hybrid setup too.
The petrol engine will be a 1.5-litre, turbocharged unit capable of producing 143PS of maximum power. The diesel engine will be the same 2.0-litre unit that powers the Compass. Here, it produces 170PS of maximum power. While not confirmed, a leaked document suggests that the petrol-powered Hector will return a mileage of 14.16kmpl with the manual transmission and 13.96kmpl with the dual-clutch automatic. The diesel Hector, on the other hand, is expected to deliver 17.41kmpl.
Features: The Hector’s standout feature is its large 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which won’t be available in all variants. There will be features like in-built internet connectivity, iSmart mobile application-based AC control as well as door lock and unlock. MG Motor will also offer a panoramic sunroof, a semi-digital instrument cluster with a 7-inch colour display and up to six airbags. The standard set of safety features include dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, traction control, rear disc brakes, hill hold assist and ISOFIX child seat anchors.
Hector 7 Seater: The Hector will be launched in India as a five-seat SUV for now. However, MG Motor has plans to introduce a seven-seat version of Hector as well at a later stage.
MG Hector Videos
- 2:25MG Hector India Expected Price, Launch, Features, Specifications and More! #In2MinsMay 21, 2019
- 4:59MG Hector : SUV from the Future : PowerDriftMay 17, 2019
- 6:22MG Hector 2019: First Look | Cyborgs Welcome! | Zigwheels.comMay 17, 2019
- 6:31MG Hector SUV for India | First Look Review in Hindi | CarDekho.comMay 17, 2019
- 9:37MG Hector SUV India unveil | Interior, features, specs, expected price & more (Hindi) | CarDekho.comMay 16, 2019
MG Hector Images
MG Hector Price
|UPCOMINGStyle MT1498 cc, Manual, Petrol, 14.16 kmpl||Rs.15.0 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGStyle AT1998 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 13.96 kmpl||Rs.15.3 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGSuper MT1498 cc, Manual, Petrol, 14.16 kmpl||Rs.15.7 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGSuper AT1498 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 14.16 kmpl||Rs.16.0 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGSmart MT1498 cc, Manual, Petrol, 14.16 kmpl||Rs.16.5 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGStyle Diesel MT1998 cc, Manual, Diesel, 17.41 kmpl||Rs.16.5 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGSmart AT1498 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 13.96 kmpl||Rs.16.8 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGSuper Diesel MT1998 cc, Manual, Diesel, 17.41 kmpl||Rs.17.2 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGSharp MT1498 cc, Manual, Petrol, 14.16 kmpl||Rs.17.3 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGSharp AT1498 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 13.96 kmpl||Rs.17.6 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGHybrid Super MT1498 cc, Manual, Petrol, 14.16 kmpl||Rs.17.7 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGSmart Diesel MT1998 cc, Manual, Diesel, 17.41 kmpl||Rs.18.0 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGHybrid Smart MT1498 cc, Manual, Petrol, 14.16 kmpl||Rs.18.5 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGSharp Diesel MT1998 cc, Manual, Diesel, 17.41 kmpl||Rs.18.8 Lakh*|
|UPCOMINGHybrid Sharp MT1498 cc, Manual, Petrol, 14.16 kmpl||Rs.19.3 Lakh*|
Pros & Cons of MG Hector
Things We Like
- Multiple powertrains: Will get both petrol and diesel engine options at launch. Petrol engine will be available with automatic transmission as well.
- Connected car: Brings segment-first connected car and safety features which can be controlled through a mobile application to aid safety and convenience.
- 48V Mild Hybrid: Will debut 48V mild-hybrid system in the mass market segment with 1.5-litre petrol engine. Offers 12 per cent improvement in fuel efficiency.
- Size: MG Hector will be bigger than its peers, including SUVs priced much higher like the Honda CR-V. Longest wheelbase in segment may make its cabin roomier than rivals. Its boot space of 587 litres is the largest in segment.
- Feature rich: Expected to offer features like 360-degree parking camera, heated ORVMs and mood lighting. Features like panoramic sunroof, 10.4 inch infotainment system confirmed.
Things We Don't Like
- No 7-seat version: Will be available in as a 5-seater SUV only. 7 seat version confirmed for launch some time later.
- No automatic with diesel engine: While diesel engine will be available across the variant line-up, it will be available with a manual transmission only. Buyers looking for the convenience of an automatic transmission will have to buy petrol Hector.
- Limited network: MG will more than 110 touchpoints at the launch of the Hector. The network is significantly smaller than Hyundai, Mahindra or Tata.
Stand Out Features
Panoramic Sunroof: MG claims Hector will offer the largest panoramic sunroof in the segment.
Internet connectivity via eSIM: Will allow remote on/off for AC, door locks, sunroof and tailgate
10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system: Largest in segment; will have controls for air-con, audio system, and more.
MG Hector User Reviews
Rate & Review
- All (167)
- Looks (77)
- Comfort (10)
- Mileage (1)
- Engine (12)
- Interior (21)
- Space (3)
- Price (42)
- More ...
- MOST HELPFUL
excellent view of mg hector overall car designed in the way that anybody shall be like in the first view. cost of the mg hector is also companionable to other SUVs. I thi...
- View All Hector Reviews
Have any question? Ask now!
Guaranteed response within 48 hours
Recently Asked User Questions about MG Hector
- 1 Answer
- 1 Answer
- 1 Answer
Write your Comment on MG Hector
Mg hector got only 3 stars in crash test. ( if I am right)
we like the advance features and best part which i like most are sunroof and 360 degree camera.mg vehicles will rock the indian market.
Maruthi suzuki 800 is best than this carReply
Hats off to you sir. Your comment is worth a billion dollars. Cheers!
Go to BOSNIA with your 800
Sir,please if you are not knowledgeable and polite enough,please put away the jealous bit of you while writing such reviews. Step up and see what the world admires and you shall find MG Hector in the list
Trending MG Cars
Other Upcoming Cars
- Tata BuzzardRs.16.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Oct 16, 2019
- Honda HR-VRs.14.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Nov 01, 2019
- Toyota C-HRRs.17.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 06, 2020
- Citroen C5 AircrossRs.16.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Nov 02, 2020
- Kia SP2iRs.15.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Sep 15, 2019
- Tata H7XRs.15.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jan 01, 2020