India-Bound 2019 Porsche Macan Facelift Unveiled; Will Rival Audi Q7, BMW X5 & More
Modified On Jul 26, 2018 06:39 PM By Saransh
The Macan facelift receives subtle aesthetic changes along with new safety and connectivity features
Porsche has unveiled the Macan facelift in China. Apart from a subtly updated design and a bunch of new safety and connectivity features, not much has changed with the 2019 facelift model. To know more about the updates, read on...
- Gets a redesigned front bumper that accentuates the width of the SUV
- New LED headlamps
- Like its elder sibling, the Cayenne, the Macan now gets connected LED tail lamps. It is the most noticeable change on the new Macan.
- Introduction of new 21- and 22-inch alloy wheels
- With the facelift, Porsche has also introduced four new colours - Miami Blue (the one you see here), Mamba Green Metallic, Dolomite Silver Metallic and Crayon.
- Gets a new 11-inch touchscreen infotainment system instead of the 7-inch unit seen on the outgoing version. It also gets the new Porsche Communication Management (PCM) system seen on the new Cayenne.
- Porsche has also equipped the Macan with a Connect Plus module, making every vehicle fully networked as standard. This module supports various digital functions and services such as intelligent voice control, real-time traffic information and “Here Cloud” connection, which offers swarm-based traffic data.
- The Macan facelift also features redesigned central AC vents that now sit below the infotainment screen. The new setup gives the Macan's ageing cabin a sense of freshness. The previous model had the central AC vents on either side of the infotainment screen.
- Another addition to the Macan’s cabin is the new optional GT steering wheel which comes with a ‘Sport Response Button’. Like in other Porsche cars, pressing it would give 20 seconds of heightened engine and transmission response mainly for quick overtaking.
- The new Macan also gets features such as a heated windscreen and air ionizer for better air quality inside the cabin.
- The updated Macan is equipped with Traffic Jam Assist system. It includes an adaptive cruise control function and lane keep assist to offer semi-automated driving up to 60kmph.
- It also gets a new Offroad Precision App that lets you record and analyse your off-road driving experiences.
- Porsche has not yet revealed the engine specifications of the new Macan. However, we expect them to remain similar to the outgoing model, at least in India. Here, the pre-facelift Macan is offered with two engine options. The more affordable option is powered by a 2.0-litre (252PS/370 Nm) petrol engine that sends power to all four wheels via a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. Porsche claims this variant of the Macan can go from 0-100kmph in 6.7 seconds.
- Porsche also offers the Macan Turbo in India. This variant is powered by a 3.6-litre V6 petrol engine, which makes 400PS/550Nm, paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. It has a 0-100kmph time of 4.8 seconds.
- The Macan Turbo is also available with a Performance Package which bumps the engine output to 440PS/600Nm while shaving 0.4s second from the standard Turbo’s 0-100kmph time.
- Porsche has said that the model presented in Shanghai will be exclusive to the Chinese market. The carmaker has also confirmed that the Macan’s other variants will be launched in international markets later this year. So, expect the updated Macan to launch in India by early 2019.
- The pre-facelift Macan is priced from Rs 80.38 lakh to Rs 1.52 crore (ex-showroom pan-India). It rivals the likes of the BMW X5, Audi Q7, Mercedes-Benz GLE and the Range Rover Velar.
Read More on : Macan Automatic
0 out of 0 found this helpful