Live Updates: New Mahindra Alturas G4 Launch
New Mahindra Alturas G4 launch is today and we will bring you all the live updates from the launch event here. Stay tuned for prices and more
Mahindra has launched its new flagship SUV, the Alturas G4 in India. Showcased the Auto Expo 2018 earlier this year, the new SUV is available in two variants: 2WD and 4WD, which are priced at Rs 26.95 lakh and Rs 29.95 lakh (ex-showroom pan-India). Here are the details of the new SUV. Related: Mahindra Alturas G4: First Drive Review
- The Mahindra Alturas G4 is powered by a 2.2-litre diesel engine that generates 181PS of maximum power and 420Nm of peak torque.
- The engine is mated to a 7-speed automatic transmission sourced from Mercedes-Benz.
- The Mahindra Alturas G4 is available with both 2WD and 4WD options.
- The Mahindra Alturas G4 is 4,850mm long, 1,960mm wide and 1,845mm tall.
- It has a wheelbase of 2,865mm, which is longest in the segment.
- For safety, it gets ESP, ARP (Anti-Rollover Protection), HSA (Hill Start Assist), HDC (Hill Descent Control), ESS (Emergency Stop Signal), traction control and ISOFIX child seat anchors.
- It also gets 9 airbags, but they are limited to the 4WD variant. The 2WD variant gets dual front airbags only.
- Other standard features on offer include projector headlamps with LED DRLs, 18-inch alloys, windshield de-icer, 8-way power adjustable driver seat, ventilated seats, two-zone climate control, tyre pressure monitoring system, front and rear parking sensors, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and cruise control.
- The 4WD variant gets additional features such as auto HID headlamps, LED fog lamps with cornering features, 360 degree camera, sunroof, ambient lighting, powered tail gate, 7-inch colour MID, rain sensing wipers and memory function for driver seat and ORVMs.
- The 4WD also comes with first-in-segment ‘Easy Access Mode’ feature. Where the driver’s seat moves back automatically, allowing easy entry and exit.
- The Mahindra Alturas G4 takes on likes of body-on-frame SUVs like the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Isuzu mu-X.
- It also rivals some unibody SUV such as the Honda CR-V, Mitsubishi Outlander and the Skoda Kodiaq.
Mahindra Alturas G4: Live Feeds
Mahindra Alturas G4 Launched At Rs 26.95 lakh
Mahindra has launched the Alturas G4 in India. It is available in two variants: 2WD and 4WD, which are priced at Rs 26.95 lakh and Rs 29.95 lakh (ex-showroom pan-India), respectively.
Mahindra Alturas G4 Launch Event Will Begin At 8PM
The Mahindra Alturas G4 special presentation is over. Swing back for more updates including prices when the launch event begins at 8pm.
The Mahindra Alturas G4 Finally Shows Its Face
Polo match over, a whole bunch of the Alturas SUVs make an appearance on the polo ground. Must say, the Alturas G4 does have an imposing presence.
The Polo Match Begins
With the end of the first presentation, the Polo match gets underway.
What Does The Name 'Alturas' Mean?
The Alturas name means Pinnacle or Peak, says Pawan Goenka, MD, Mahindra & Mahindra. Will it reach one? Only time will tell.
Mahindra Alturas G4 - The Name & Its Origin
Goenka says the Alturas G4 is completely different from previous Mahindras. The company has made a conscious decision to stray away from ending the name with an O.
And It Begins
Pawan Goenka, MD, Mahindra & Mahindra, talking about the origin of Alturas G4.
Mahindra Alturas G4 Special Presentation About To Get Underway
Team CarDekho is in Jaipur for the launch of the all-new Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV. A special presentation on the Alturas G4 is about to start shortly.