Datsun redi-GO 1.0L Vs Alto K10 Vs Kwid 1.0L: The 1.0-Litre gang!
The Datsun redi-GO joins the 1.0-litre bandwagon with the Renault Kwid-borrowed petrol motor and AMT transmission
Update: This article was updated on 26 July 2018
Following the proven formula of the Renault Kwid, Datsun also expanded the Redi GO family with a more powerful 1.0-litre engine. It borrows the same 1.0-litre petrol motor offered with the Kwid 1.0L along with its AMT (automated-manual transmission). Let us see how the Datsun redi-GO fairs against its own sibling, the Renault Kwid 1.0, and the segment bestseller, the Maruti Suzuki Alto k10.
|Name||redi-GO 1.0L||Alto K10||Kwid 1.0L|
|Power||68PS @ 5,500rpm||68PS @ 6,000rpm||68PS @ 5,500rpm|
|Torque||91Nm @ 4,250rpm||90Nm @ 3,500rpm||91Nm @ 4,250rpm|
|Fuel Efficiency||22.5kmpl||24.07kmpl||23.01kmpl (MT)/24.04kmpl (AMT)|
We’re starting with the powertrain part because this is the vital selling point of these hatchbacks. All the three offer the same displacement motor – 1.0-litre. While they are at par in terms of overall power output (68PS), the Kwid and redi-GO excel marginally when it comes to peak torque output (by 1Nm).
All the three hatchbacks come with an option of a 5-speed AMT (automated-manual transmission) besides the standard 5-speed manual. When it comes to fuel efficiency, the Alto K10 bests the other two with an ARAI-certified figure of 24.07kmpl, which is just .03kmpl more than the Kwid AMT. Both the versions of the Datsun delivers 22.5kmpl, which is roughly 0.5kmpl less than the Kwid 1.0’s (MT, 23.01kmpl).
As we all know, this is an entry-level space and is strictly price-conscious, so the feature list is quite basic among the three. Renault surprised us when it introduced the Kwid with never-heard-before goodies in this segment. The Alto K10 is decently loaded, but falls short of the Kwid. The redi-GO, on the other hand, was pretty much built to cost as it is positioned below the Kwid. Now, let us see what the redi-GO 1.0-litre has packed extra over the 0.8-litre version and these two.
- While the electric power steering is standard in the Kwid and redi-GO 1.0-litre versions, it is not offered in the base variant of the K10
- The air conditioning system is standard in all three, while the front power windows are only offered in the range-topping trim
- All the three hatchbacks come with 13-inch wheels. While the Kwid and the redi-GO ride on 155/80 cross-section tyres, the K10 features 155/65 cross-section rubber
- Alloy wheels are not standard in all three; however, the Kwid’s Climber edition gets pressed steel wheels, which give an impression of the same. Also, alloy wheels are optional in the Renault
- The K10 is the only one to offer internally adjustable outside rear view mirrors among the three
- The K10 and redi-GO feature a tachometer, which is missing in the Kwid
- The Kwid comes with an all-digital instrument cluster
- Partial leather-wrapped steering wheel is exclusive to the Kwid
- Gear shift indicator is present in all the three cars
- Central locking with remote keyless entry is available in all three (redi-GO 0.8 doesn’t offer remote keyless entry) (optional in K10)
- Boot space: Renault Kwid (300-litres) | Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 (177-litres) | Datsun redi-GO (222-litres)
- Out of the three, the Renault Kwid 1.0 comes with an option of two audio systems with standard Bluetooth phone integration. The range-topping trim gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation
- The K10 offer CD/MP3 player with AUX-in and USB connectivity. The redi-GO additionally offers Bluetooth phone integration, but misses out on CD playback
- All the three cars feature a two-speaker system
- All the three cars come equipped with a driver airbag. However, Maruti Suzuki offers it as optional equipment starting from the base trim
- The K10 offers driver’s seatbelt warning
- The Kwid is the only car here to offer front seatbelt pretensioners and load limiters
- Only the Kwid and K10 feature a front fog lamp in their top-spec trim
- The redi-GO gets exclusive daytime running lamps
Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi)
Rs 3.75 - 4.05 lakh
Rs 3.57 - 4.59 lakh
Rs 3.29 - 4.15 lakh
Check out: Datsun redi-GO 1.0-Litre: First Drive Review
Read More on : redi-GO on road price
- Renew Datsun redi-GO 2016-2020 Car Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)
0 out of 0 found this helpful