Key Specs of Datsun redi-GO
|Mileage (upto)||22.7 kmpl|
|Engine (upto)||999 cc|
redi-GO Latest Update
Latest Update: Datsun launched the redi-GO Limited Edition 2018 in India at Rs 3.58 lakh and Rs 3.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the 0.8-litre and 1.0-litre variants respectively. The special edition variant gets cosmetic enhancements and rear parking sensors. For more details, click here.
Datsun redi-GO Price and Variants: The Datsun redi-GO is priced from Rs 2.56 lakh to Rs 4.12 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). It is available in five variants: D, A, T, T(O) and S.
Datsun redi-GO Engine and Mileage: The Datsun redi-GO is offered with two petrol engines: a 0.8-litre unit good for 54PS/72Nm and a 1.0-litre unit with a max output of 68PS/91Nm. Both engines are available with a 5-speed manual transmission, while the 1.0-litre engine can be had with a 5-speed AMT as well. The Datsun redi-GO returns a claimed mileage of 22.7kmpl and 22.5kmpl for the 0.8-litre and 1.0-litre engines, respectively.
Datsun redi-GO Features: The Datsun redi-GO offers a detailed driver display, which showcases instantaneous and average fuel efficiency, trip distance and distance-to-empty as well. It packs a Bluetooth-enabled audio system that offers hands-free calling and music streaming, central locking, manual AC, LED daytime running lights and more. Only the top-spec S variants offers driver airbags, unlike the updated GO and GO+ models which now offer dual front airbags as standard.
Datsun redi-GO price list (Variants)
|redi-GO D799 cc, Manual, Petrol, 22.7 kmpl||Rs.2.56 Lakh*|
|redi-GO A799 cc, Manual, Petrol, 22.7 kmpl||Rs.3.09 Lakh*|
|redi-GO T799 cc, Manual, Petrol, 22.7 kmpl||Rs.3.4 Lakh*|
|redi-GO Limited Edition 2018799 cc, Manual, Petrol, 22.7 kmpl|
|redi-GO T Option799 cc, Manual, Petrol, 22.7 kmpl||Rs.3.47 Lakh*|
|redi-GO S799 cc, Manual, Petrol, 22.7 kmpl||Rs.3.63 Lakh*|
|redi-GO 1.0 T Option999 cc, Manual, Petrol, 22.5 kmpl||Rs.3.77 Lakh*|
|redi-GO 1.0 Limited Edition 2018999 cc, Manual, Petrol, 22.5 kmpl||Rs.3.85 Lakh*|
|redi-GO 1.0 S999 cc, Manual, Petrol, 22.5 kmpl||Rs.3.87 Lakh*|
|redi-GO Gold 1.0999 cc, Manual, Petrol, 22.5 kmpl||Rs.3.7 Lakh*|
|redi-GO AMT 1.0 T Option999 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 22.5 kmpl||Rs.4.0 Lakh*|
|redi-GO AMT 1.0 S999 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 22.5 kmpl||Rs.4.12 Lakh*|
- Petrol Version
Expert Review of Datsun redi-GO
Things We Like in redi-GO
- Spacious cabin: The redi go is amongst the most spacious entry-level hatchbacks. Its cabin can seat four people comfortably
- Powertrain options: The redi go can be had with either a 0.8-litre engine or a 1.0-litre unit. Furthermore, the 1.0-litre engine is also available with an AMT (automated manual transmission)
- AMT’s creep feature and manual mode: The redi go’s AMT has a creep feature, which lets the car crawl forward by itself when slotted in ‘D’ mode. This feature is helpful in traffic as the driver doesn’t have to feather the throttle to move the car forward. There’s also a manual mode on offer that allows changing gears at will
- Detailed drive computer: The redi go is available with a drive computer right from the base variant. It reads instantaneous and average fuel efficiency, trip information and distance-to-empty as well
Things We Don't Like in redi-GO
- Absence of ABS: ABS (anti-lock braking system) is a necessary safety feature to have as it can prevent accidents from occuring by reducing the stopping distance of a car and by allowing the driver to steer the car under hard braking
- Absence of airbags: The redi go comes with a driver-side airbag, albeit on the top-spec variant. Dual airbags can save lives in the event of a head-on accident. We think they should be on offer as standard on all cars
Stand Out Features
185mm ground clearance: The redi go’s 185mm ground clearance is higher than its rivals. A car with high ground clearance can tackle obstacles and rough roads more easily than a low-slung one
AMT with creep & manual mode: The creep mode helps getting off the line (from a standstill) a breeze, especially in traffic. AMT with a manual option give more control over gear shifts
LED DRLs: The redi go is the only hatchback in its segment to offer LED DRLs (daytime running lamps). More than adding a dash of style, DRLs help other road users identify the car from a distance even in the daytime. Hence, they come across as a safety feature too
Datsun redi-GO Comparison with similar cars - Compare Cars
Must read articles before buying Datsun redi-GO
The limited edition redi-GO, available with the manual transmission versions of both the 0.8L and 1.0L, gets a host of aesthetic upgrades as well as parking sensors.
The 1.0-litre gang!
The Datsun redi-GO joins the 1.0-litre bandwagon with the Renault Kwid-borrowed petrol motor and AMT transmission
With a starting price of Rs 2.49 lakh (ex-showroom, pan India), the pocket-friendly hatch is available in 10 variants with two engine and transmission options
Datsun redi-GO User Reviews
Rate the Car
- Latest Reviews
- Most Helpful Reviews
I had purchased Datsun Redi-Go AMT 1.0 T at the end of July 2018. It was my first car so was a little skeptical at first. I needed an automatic transmission car which wou...
Pros: 1) Low price 2) Small car -easy to drive and park 3) Good Ground Clearance, specially for roads with bumpers & pot holes 4) Almost all modern facilities. Cons: ...
New brands always suffer especially when you are foraying into the fierce competitive markets like India. Datsun, the Japanese car brand resurrected by Nissan saw the lig...
Let me just clarify, I am not planning to buy the redi-GO. I have been following this car ever since its debut a couple of months ago, just like the fact that they kept t...
I bought this car when I was in my third year of engineering and wanted a car so bad, but obviously, I had monetary issues cause I was just a student. I decided to go wit...
Mileage of Datsun redi-GO
The claimed ARAI mileage: Datsun RediGO Petrol is 22.7 kmpl. The claimed ARAI mileage for the automatic variant: Datsun RediGO Petrol is 22.5 kmpl.
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
Datsun redi-GO Videos
- 5:15Datsun Redi-Go 1Ltr AMT | First Drive Review | ZigWheels.comMar 13, 2018
- 6:35Datsun redi-Go 1.0L Review in HinglishMar 13, 2018
- 4:11Datsun Redigo 1.0 | First Drive Review | ZigWheels.comMar 13, 2018
- 5:35Datsun RediGo 1L AMT | Hits & MissesMar 13, 2018
- Datsun RediGo Sports LaunchedMar 13, 2018
- 7:34Datsun RediGO | First Drive ReviewMar 13, 2018
- 1:51Datsun Rises at India Auto Expo 2014 with redi-GO CONCEPTMar 13, 2018
- 0:34Datsun redi-GO ConceptMay 25, 2016
Datsun RediGO Images and Colours
Datsun redi-GO News
The Kwid topped the MoM growth in August 2018 but turned out to be the biggest loser in terms of YoY market share
Apart from the Peace of Mind package and other benefits on the redi-GO, there’s cash discount on offer as well in September
As expected, these special edition models get added features and cosmetic enhancements over their standard versions
While the offers are applicable across India, customers from Kerala get the highest benefits of up to Rs 55,000 on select models
Low rate of interest and special discounts for government and corporate employees are on offer as well
Save BIG by buying a Used Car
- Used Datsun RediGO
- Similarly Priced
- Total Loan AmountRs.0
- Payable AmountRs.0
- You’ll pay extraRs.0
Calculated on Ex-Showroom priceRs. /month
Drive Home Datsun Redi-Go at EMI of Rs. 4,...