CarDekho Exclusive: Interview with Mr. Jnaneswar Sen
CarDekho brings to you an exclusive interview with Honda Siel Cars India Vice President, Mr. Jnaneswar Sen. He talks to Ritesh Madhok about Honda’s sales figures and its future plans.
1. How has the recent market slump affected Honda?
Honda City, Brio and the Jazz are doing reasonably good numbers every month and we are happy with our sales figures.
2. There wes news of the Civic and the Accord being pulled off the market, your comments?
The Honda Civic and the Honda Accord are our flagship models in many markets including India and there are no plans for it being pulled off, they will be available to our buyers.
3. When do we see the first diesel Honda in India?
Our R&D team at Honda are working overtime to get our first Diesel engine ready for India that would be ready by next year.
4. Can you elaborate on the car model that would get the diesel engine?
The current Honda line-up won’t get the new diesel engine as now, an all-new car model that is also being developed would be our first model to be powered by the Diesel engine.
5. Will it be the Brio Sedan?
Well the Brio is a successful small car for us with more than 2500 cars being sold every month, the new Diesel car from Honda for India will be based on the Brio platform.
6. How many new car models can be seen from Honda for India?
You can expect the New 2013 CRV and a new MPV that we are working on and a few other car models including the first Diesel car from Honda for India.
7. Any plans or getting the Diesel CRV of Accord for India?
United Kingdom is the only country where the Diesel CRV is sold in; we have studied its feasibility and do not find it worthwhile for the Diesel CRV to be got here considering the taxation etc. at least for now.
Read More on : Honda Civic in India
0 out of 0 found this helpful