Hyundai Elite i20 VS i-gen Uber cool i20; OLD VS NEW
As per the earlier speculations that Hyundai might retain the current i20 and and name the new hatch as Grand i20. But killing all the rumors, Hyundai made the world premier of the new i20 a day before, christened as the Elite i20, and we are the first ones to get the new hatch. Hyundai India will launch the Elite i20 on the approaching August 11. Let's compare the new one with its predecessor. Speaking in this context, the current i-gen i20 is going for good certainly; this was the vehicle that brought many features in a hatch that were earlier not heard of and the new hatch seem to be continuing the legacy!
- The new i20 sports second iteration of the Hyundai's design philosophy – Fluidic 2.0, while the current i20 features fluidic design, after a brief makeover it received in couple of years back.
- The Elite i20 features edgier profile, looks wider and up-market with its understated yet sophisticated looks! The current car has more features and curvaceous appearance.
- The new hexagonal air dam, Santa-Fe-esque head and taillamps and blacked-out C-pillars are the major highlight of the new hatch. With these features, the new i20 looks more mature and grown up compared the outgoing version.
- The current i-gen i20 features one best interiors layout along with features that are still class leading and miles ahead of several competitors.
- The initial spy shots of the Hyundai Elite i20 reveals that the new hatch sports an entirely new dashboard, while it continues the black and beige theme with silver accents.
- The Elite i20 features new-gen Hyundai multi-function steering wheel, upgraded audio system with a larger screen (expect Grand i10 like in-built memory for the audio unit), advanced automatic climate control along with a rear AC vent, which was missing in the current car. In a nutshell, the cabin is a more premium place to be in.
Mechanically, both the vehicle are same featuring 1.2L and 1.4L petrol engines, mated to 5-speed gearbox, while the diesel gets the 1.4L CRDI mated to 6-speed transmission. Though there is no official information about the automatic, the Elite i20 will certainly get one.
See the initial spyshots of the Elite i20
Read More on : Hyundai i20 review 2014