Next Generation BMW 7-Series Launched at INR 1.1 Crores
BMW has launched the next-generation 7-series sedan @ INR 1.1 Crores, ex-showroom Delhi, in the power packed Day1 of the Indian Auto Expo. To satiate the growing demand of public, the luxurious car now features some of the unique characteristics for the very first time. The luxury sedan is a more powerful, light-weight and technologically-loaded vehicle,which will in set high benchmarks for the sedan's competitors.
Contemporary design & technology makes this 6th generation model an inevitable property to own. The car incorporates carbon fibre in its framework, along with a blend of plastic, aluminum and steel, in turn reducing the overall kerb weight of the vehicle by 130kgs.
Highlights of the Car:
- An active grille in shape of a kidney and with air flap control where laser lights can be chosen as an option.
- Head and tail light clusters come associated with the LED set-up.
- 18-21 inch alloys.
- A 12.3-inch digital instrument unit which is capable of spreading the aroma in different tinges,keeping in accordance with the driving modes.
- Standard elements are - heated front seats, 4-zone climate control and wireless charging facility.
- The Luxury Rear Seating kit offers heated armrests at front & rear, ventilated rear seats, a seven-inch COMAND tablet, Massage functioning and much more.
- The Rear Executive Lounge Seating package offers the Sky Lounge Panorama Glass roof, smartphone holder, an adjustable rear entertainment screen, head-up display and fold-out tablet, in addition to the seven-inch touchscreen tablet and Massage seats.
- Airbags, ABS, cross traffic warning, lane departure warning, remote control parking, active side collision system, active cruise control and others.
- Apart from all these, some attributes for the very first time have been introduced in a BMW Car. The vehicle is the first to incorporate a carbon fibre in its body structure and is also based on RWD CLAR (Cluster Architecture). iDrive 5.0 with Hand Gesture Control, Autonomous parking without driver’s interference and the 4-wheel steering have also been acquainted for the first time.
Engine and Performance: Mechanically, the BMW 7-series will be offered in both diesel and petrol engine options. The 730d diesel unit is a B57 3.0 litre six-cylinder configuration that belts out 265PS of power. On the other hand, the 740i petrol engine is a 3.5-litre six-cylinder arrangement which generates 326hp, while the 750i 4.4 litre V8 Twin Turbo set-up delivers 444hp. All of them are coupled with an eight-speed automatic gearbox.
The company will assemble the next generation BMW 7-series locally at its Chennai powerplant, where 50 percent of the components will come from the local sphere.
Read More on : 7 Series 2016
0 out of 0 found this helpful