Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 2018 Details Revealed
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to come with subtle styling upgrades, additional features and a new petrol engine with mild-hybrid tech
Maruti Suzuki is all set to give a mid-cycle refresh to the Ciaz, which was launched in 2014, on 20 August 2018. It was shifted to Maruti’s Nexa retail channel in 2017 and the updated model will continue to be retailed from the premium chain of Maruti showrooms.
Like we’ve said before, the 2018 Ciaz won’t get a diesel engine at the time of launch. So we expect the prices of the updated Ciaz to be slightly on the higher side compared to the outgoing petrol model. The pre-facelift Ciaz petrol, for reference, is priced between Rs 7.83 lakh - 10.63 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Here’s what the new Ciaz packs:
Engine and variant lineup
The updated Maruti Suzuki Ciaz continues with the existing Nexa variant lineup: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. It’s powered by a new 1.5-litre petrol, which replaces the pre-facelift model’s 1.4-litre motor. The 1.5-litre engine is rated at 105PS and 138Nm compared to the 93PS and 130Nm offered by the 1.4-litre.
Transmission options remain unaltered with a standard 5-speed manual along with an optional 4-speed AT. It is important to note that the Ciaz is the only sedan in its segment to offer a comparatively older 4-speed AT wheres the City offers a CVT with paddle shifters, Verna gets a 6-speed AT and the VW Vento packs a 7-speed dual-clutch AT with their petrol versions.
The 1.5-litre engine is coupled to Suzuki’s fuel-saving SHVS mild-hybrid tech. The new 1.5-litre petrol manual will return a certified fuel efficiency of 21.56kmpl compared to the previous 1.4-litre manual’s 20.73kmpl. The efficiency of the Ciaz automatic has also gone up at 20.28kmpl, compared to 19.12kmpl before.
- While the pre-facelift model offered dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD and Isofix child seat anchors as standard, the 2018 facelift adds ESP (electronic stability program), traction control and hill start assist to the sedan’s standard safety kit
- New auto LED projector headlamps with daytime running LEDs and LED fog lamps will be on offer with the Zeta and top-spec Alpha variant. It is interesting to note that while LED projector headlamps are offered with several Maruti cars such as the new Swift, Dzire, Ignis and S-Cross, LED fog lamps are offered for the first time with updated Ciaz
- Maruti will introduce a new shade of grey on the 2018 Ciaz called Magnum Grey. It will be on offer in place of the existing Glistening Grey colour
- 15-inch wheels will be offered from Delta variant onwards, while the range-topping Alpha gets 16-inch machine-finished wheels
- Audio system with Bluetooth phone integration and steering-mounted controls will now be standard across the lineup, starting from the base Sigma variant
- Other features like 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, auto climate control, leather upholstery and auto-dimming IRVM will be carried over
Bookings for the 2018 Ciaz are already open. Maruti is expected to add a diesel engine to the updated model’s line-up around Diwali 2018. The diesel engine will be carried over from the existing model.
Read More on : Maruti Ciaz on road price
0 out of 0 found this helpful