GST Effect: Renault India Cuts Prices By Up To Rs 1 Lakh
Modified On Jul 05, 2017 04:48 PM By CarDekho
The Duster and Lodgy receive the heaviest price cuts
The month of July is generally a lull period for car sales but with GST coming into effect, most manufacturers have announced price cuts across their model range, making it a great time to buy a new car.
Renault is the latest bearer of good news and discounts range from Rs 5,200 to just over Rs 1 lakh! The company will be passing on price benefits of up to 7 per cent across its model range. While we’re waiting on the new variant-wise prices, we do have a glimpse into the impact of the goods and services tax (GST) on Renault’s cars with a few examples.
Prices of the Kwid Climber AMT have dropped between Rs 5,200 to Rs 29,500, while the Duster RxZ AWD is cheaper by Rs 30,400 to Rs 1,04,700. Even the Lodgy Stepway RxZ is now more attractive with a price cut between Rs 25,700 to Rs 88,600.
Various taxes (excise duty, value added tax, different cesses etc) have been replaced by GST and the impact for the automotive industry has been largely positive. The price change varies from city to city and the degree of GST’s impact increases as you move to more expensive car segments. To understand the impact of GST on different car segments, click here.
- GST Effect: Tata Motors Slashes Prices By Up To 12 Per Cent
- GST Effect: Maruti Prices Drop 3 Per Cent, Smart Hybrids Get Expensive
- GST Effect: Toyota Slash Prices By Up To 12.29 Lakh
- GST Effect: Honda Joins The Party, Drops Prices By Up To Rs 2.27 Lakh
- GST Effect: Ford Prices Slashed By Up To 4.5 Per Cent
- Jaguar Land Rover Car Prices Post GST
- Audi Car Prices Post GST