Mahindra TharChange car
Key Specs of Mahindra Thar
|Mileage (upto)||18.06 kmpl|
|Engine (upto)||2523 cc|
Variants and Prices: The Mahindra Thar is available in three variants: DI 2WD, DI 4WD and CRDe. Prices start at Rs 6.98 lakh and go up to Rs 9.10 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Engine, Transmission and Drive Options: The Mahindra Thar CRDe is powered by a 2.5-litre diesel engine that makes 105PS of power and 247Nm of torque. Power is sent to all four wheels via a 5-speed manual transmission. The Thar DI (both 2WD and 4WD) also gets a 2.5-litre diesel engine but it makes only 65PS of power and 195Nm of torque here and is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Both the 4WD variants, the CRDe and the DI 4WD, are equipped with hub lock. The CRDe gets auto hub lock while the one on DI 4WD is a manual fixed flange hub lock.
Ground Clearance, Approach and Departure angle: The Thar CRDe has a ground clearance of 200mm, 13mm more than that of the Thar DI. Approach angles for both the Thars are same at 44 degrees, while the Thar DI has a better departure angle at 35 degrees, 8 degrees more than Thar CRDe’s.
Features: The Thar CRDe being the top-spec variant gets AC with heater, windshield demister, clear lens headlamps, multi-directional AC vents, 12V power outlet and independent rear suspensions. It gets wider front seats and a provision of a 2-din music system on the dashboard as well.
Mahindra Thar price list (Variants)
Must read articles before buying Mahindra Thar
Mahindra Thar User Reviews
- Very Good44
- Latest Reviews
- Most Helpful Reviews
It's a car, an SUV and an off-roader and it can be modified however you like later. Th...
- 23 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
Just bought the crde 4x4 a week ago. It is all, rather more than my expectations both on a...
- 27 Likes
- 10 Dislikes
It's been more than a year since we first drove the Thar. We were quite impressed with...
- 24 Likes
- 3 Dislikes
What an entry from the hot favorite car company, Mahindra Auto maker has made, with the la...
- 157 Likes
- 59 Dislikes
Look and Style- Very attractive and robust, good clearance adds to rugged terrain superior...
- 64 Likes
- 25 Dislikes
I was thrilled when I drove the 4x4 Mahindra off-on road jeep, it?s a well enabled jeep wh...
- 48 Likes
- 27 Dislikes
Compare Mahindra Thar with similar cars - Compare Cars
Expert Review of Mahindra Thar
Things We Like in Thar
- Good to have creature comforts - air-conditioning, music system, 12V charger now available.
- 2.5-litre CRDe motor + 4x4 = go-anywhere! Among the most potent off-roaders in the country.
Things We Don't Like in Thar
- Nervous on-tarmac manners. Choppy ride and fidgety steering means you are better off under 100kmph.
- Quality of plastics in the interiors leave a lot to be desired.
- Facelift has been given only to the high end CRDe trim. DI versions remains to be same with outdated styling.
Stand Out Features
Only one in its class to feature a mechanical locking rear-differential.
Shift-on-the-fly four-wheel drive with a dedicated low-ratio makes getting out of sticky situations easier.
Mahindra Thar Mileage
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
The claimed ARAI mileage: Mahindra Thar Diesel is 18.06 kmpl.
Mahindra Thar Images and Videos
- 1:56124th Great Escape ft.Mahindra Adventure | CarDekho.com
- 3:442015 New Mahindra Thar | Launch and First Look | CarDekho.com
- 4:462015 Mahindra Thar | First Drive | Autocar India
- 6:202015 Mahindra Thar facelift review by OVERDRIVE
- 0:18New Thar - Power Drive
- 5:20Mahindra Thar at the Great Escape
- 1:15Mahindra Thar Legacy Video
- 0:46Exclusive Mahindra Thar TVC - first look!
Mahindra Thar News
Save BIG by buying a Used Car
- Used Mahindra Thar
- Similarly Priced
- Total Loan AmountRs.0
- Payable AmountRs.0
- You’ll pay extraRs.0
Calculated on Ex-Showroom priceRs. /month
On Mahindra Thar :- Get Benefits up to Rs....
Trending Mahindra Cars