Kia SP2i Trial Production Commences
Kia Motors’ compact SUV, codenamed SP2i, is set to be launched in the second half of this year, probably in September 2019
- Kia SP2i will be launched with both petrol and diesel engines.
- SP2i was previewed as the SP Concept at the 2018 Auto Expo.
- Production version likely to be named Kia Trailster or Kia Tusker.
- Series production is expected to start in a few months from now.
- The SP2i is expected to be priced between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 16 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Renault Captur, Nissan Kicks as well as 2020 VW T-Cross and Skoda Kamiq.
Latest Update: The Kia Seltos has now been revealed. It will be available with three BS6 engine options and all the engines will be available with an automatic transmission too. Apart from the various powertrain options, Kia has also revealed some features of the Seltos. Read in detail about the compact SUV here.
Kia Motors has begun trial production of its debut model for India. Codenamed the SP2i, the Creta-rivalling SUV is expected to be launched in September 2019. Kia Motors will manufacture the SUV at its new plant in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh and promises to launch its second model six months after the launch of the Creta rival. The third model will follow six months after that and Kia plans to have a portfolio of 5 models by 2021.
The South Korean carmaker recently showcased the near-production version of its upcoming compact SUV as the SP Signature Concept (pictured above) at the 2019 Seoul Motor Show. While the overall appearance is almost identical to the 2018 SP Concept, it looks pretty close to rolling out of the manufacturing line thanks to several series production parts. Check out all the details here: Kia SP Signature: Upcoming Hyundai Creta Rival Showcased In Production Form
Kia recently opened its first-ever showroom in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Its global models like the Stinger GT and the Rio hatchback are currently displayed there. Expect the carmaker to set up more showrooms in the coming months before the launch of the SP2i in India.
0 out of 0 found this helpful