Hyundai Venue Unofficial Bookings Underway; Launch On 21 May 2019
Hyundai’s first-ever sub-4m SUV will be launched with two petrol and a diesel engine options
Update: Hyundai has launched the Venue in India with prices beginning from Rs 6.50 lakh (ex-showroom India). Click here to know more.
- Select dealers in Delhi are accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs 21,000.
- Official bookings to open in the first week of May.
- Slated to launch on 21 May 2019.
- Expected to be priced from 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Rivals Vitara Brezza, Nexon, XUV300 and EcoSport.
Latest update: Hyundai Venue official bookings are now open. More details here.
Dealerships have already started accepting unofficial bookings for the recently unveiled Hyundai Venue. Some dealers in Delhi are charging a token amount of Rs 21,000 (refundable) to book the upcoming Vitara Brezza rival. The official bookings, however, are expected to begin from the first week of May, just a couple of weeks ahead of the SUV’s launch on 21 May 2019.
Is it safe to book the Venue now?
Yes. All you have to do is ensure that you get a receipt or proof just like you would normally get while booking any other new car. However, the dealer might not mention the variant, colour or any other details, unlike when you book it officially. That said, the dealership’s receipt is a valid proof of booking.
Once Hyundai officially opens bookings for the Venue, the dealership will place an order in your name. This is where you would get the first mover’s advantage. The first lot of cars that the dealer gets would probably include your car too. You should, however, be in touch with your respective dealership or sales consultant about your booking and delivery date in order to ensure your new car reaches you as quickly as possible.
Booking the Venue as early as now will ensure you’re ahead of most other buyers in the queue. Hence, there’s a chance that you’d get your SUV before the waiting period goes up.
Now that you know how unofficial pre-launch bookings work, let’s take a quick look at what the Hyundai Venue has to offer:
- The Venue is offered with both petrol and diesel engine options. It gets a 1.2-litre petrol engine that makes 83PS of power and 115Nm of torque and a 1.4-litre diesel unit good for 90PS and 220Nm.
- While the 1.2-litre engine is mated to a 5-speed MT, the 1.4-litre engine gets a 6-speed MT.
- Hyundai is also offering a new 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that makes 120PS and 172Nm. It can be had either with a 7-speed DCT or a 6-speed MT.
- Features on offer include projector headlamps with LED DRLs, electric sunroof, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, wireless mobile charger, air purifier and auto AC with rear AC vents.
- Safety features on offer include six airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat anchors, hill launch assist, electronic stability control and rear parking sensors.
- The Venue also gets a segment-first e-Sim technology that allows the user to control vehicle settings through a mobile app. Read more about it here.
When launched, the Venue will rival the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon and the Ford EcoSport. It is expected to be priced from Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh.