Mahindra Rexton Goes Off-Roading Ahead Of India Launch
Modified On May 18, 2018 07:19 PM By Dinesh
The new flagship SUV from Mahindra will go on sale later this year
Mahindra showcased the G4 Rexton at the 2018 Auto Expo and confirmed that the 7-seat SUV will go on sale in the country later this year. Now, just a few months ahead of its supposed launch, the upcoming flagship from Mahindra has been spotted out in the desert with a SsangYong grille instead of the Mahindra grille, which was on the showcase car at the Auto Expo. Unlike the first-gen SUV, the new model wii be introduced in India with a Mahindra badge. It is expected to feature a new nameplate too.
The India-bound SUV is the second generation model of the Ssangyong Rexton. It made its international debut back in 2017. Here are some facts that you should know about the upcoming Mahindra SUV.
Mahindra has confirmed that the Rexton will get a different name in India. We expect Mahindra to follow its naming convention of an alphabet followed by ‘UV’ and a number followed by ‘OO’ (double-oh!) with this model as well
- At 4850mm x 1960mm x 1825mm (LxWxH), the second-gen Rexton is 265mm longer, 70mm wider and 40mm taller than Mahindra’s current flagship, the XUV500.
- It will be powered by a 2.2-litre e-XDi 220 diesel engine, which produces 181PS of maximum power and 420Nm of peak torque, coupled to a 7-speed AT
- It is likely to be offered in both 2WD and 4WD variants
- Features: Being a premium SUV, it will be packed with all sorts of comfort and safety features such as ventilated leather seats, automatic climate control, a sunroof, an 8-inch infotainment system, nine airbags, ABS with EBD, hill descent control, electronic stability program and traction control
- Prices: The flagship Mahindra SUV is likely to be priced around Rs 25 lakh and will take on likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Skoda Kodiaq, Ford Endeavour and the Isuzu MU-X. Related: Mahindra Rexton Vs Toyota Fortuner Vs Ford Endeavour: Specifications Comparison
0 out of 0 found this helpful