Fiat Punto EVO VS Punto; Old VS New
Launched in India in 2009, this is certainly the first major evolution of the Italian hatch; which have got an EVO badge now at the back like its European sibling. Fiat Punto EVO is launched today in price bracket of Rs 5.27 - 7.19 lakh (diesel trims) and Rs 4.55 - 6.65 lakh (petrol trims) while the current Punto was priced at Rs 5.61 – 7.51 lakh (diesel variants) and 4.92 – 6.69 lakh (petrol variants) (All Ex-Showroom Delhi). Moreover, Fiat has strengthen its service network and is gradually gaining customer satisfaction. Growing separately has helped the company to reach out well to its admirers. Lets see how far Punto EVO has 'Evolved' from being just Punto!
- The EVO's fresh new face is more modern and contemporary than just being 'Italian'; so most of you think that the hatch has lost its Italian bling! But its nothing like that, look at it from the sides and rear it has still got the Punto genes in it and indeed those classic Giugiaro elements are retained!
- Speaking of the changes at front, the hatch gets new large swept back headlamps, inverted trapezoidal grille and lots of chrome.
- The side profile is kept same but speaking in this context, the vehicle gets an updated ORVMs with blinkers and a new set of diamond cut 15-inch alloys and segment first 16-inch alloys compared to the earlier car which rides on 15-inch and does not have blinkers on ORVMs.
- The rear of the new EVO though retains the overall design but gets new segment first clear LED tail-lamp and a refreshed bumper with new set of rear fogs.
- The 2014 Fiat Punto EVO adds flamboyance with new shades – Glirati Gold, Magnesio Grey and New Pearl White.
- EVO gets a brand new dash compared to the boxy layout of the outgoing hatch; the dash is borrowed from the 2014 Linea. The interiors are now curvaceous and modern and offer segment-first ambient lighting!
- The central console in the EVO gets Piano black finish compared to silver accents in the previous Punto. The audio system is also upgraded featuring Fiat's 'Blue&Me' (Bluetooth) with voice inputs, AUX-in and USB.
- The hatch gets dual tone softer touch dash in Punto EVO trims while the agiler EVO Sports gets all-black treatment with leather wrapped steering, gearbox and handbrake lever. The upholstery is also upgraded in all the trims.
- EVO gets the automatic air conditioning from the outgoing car and also features a segment-first rear AC vent.
On the safety front, the hatch features dual-stage driver airbags along with a co-passenger airbag, ABS+EBD, FPS (fire prevention system), smart front and rear wipers, metal seat reinforcements, etc.
Mechanically, the vehicle is kept same powered by two petrol and two diesel engine options. The diesel gets the 1.3L MJD producing 75bhp and 197Nm of torque while the EVO Sports belts-out 92bhp and 209Nm of max torque from the similar powerplant using VGT turbo. Both the motors are mated to a five-speed manual transmission. The petrol gets 1.2L and 1.4L FIRE petrol producing 67/88.8bhp and 96/115Nm respectively. Petrol trims are also mated to five speed manual.
- Renew Fiat Punto EVO Car Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)