10 Things Nobody Told You About The Maruti Suzuki Ignis
The Ignis brings a lot of firsts on the table for Maruti Suzuki. It will also set the tone for future Maruti Suzuki products alongside carrying the responsibility to be a cash cow for the brand Nexa. The firsts begin even before we get on to the product – the Ignis will be the first car from Maruti Suzuki that you'll be able to book online. This and more, here's all we know about the upcoming Ignis, termed as the premium urban compact vehicle by Maruti Suzuki.
Watch Maruti Ignis Review Video
1. New lightweight platform
The Suzuki Ignis is going to be the first product based on a completely new platform that is lighter yet more rigid compared to the Swift's platform on which the Dzire and Ertiga are also manufactured. Besides keeping the vehicle weight under check to aid fuel efficiency, this new platform will also perform better in crash tests, informs Maruti Suzuki. The platform is also flexible and will be able to accomodate more bodystyles and could be used extensively in future products from Maruti Suzuki.
Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to get its products ready to adhere to the upcoming safety norms in India. The Ignis has already gone through side, rear, offset and pedestrian safety regulations. It will get dual front airbags, ABS and ISOFIX as standard safety equipment on its feature list.
3. Full LED headlamps
Maruti Suzuki is ticking a big feature on the Ignis' equipment list – a full LED powered projector headlamps. The projectors on the Ignis will perform both high- and low-beam duties and the source of light will be an LED setup. Notably, no other vehicle in this segment or even two segments above boasts of an LED headlamps. The Ignis will also sport LED DRLs besides the main lamp and fog lamps, at least in the top variant.
4. Ground clearance
The Ignis stands tall and will have a 180mm ground clearance. Since the wheelbase is not very long and the overhangs are short as well, the Ignis will have a decent approach and departure angle for everyday obstacles.
5. Standard 15-inch wheels
Maruti Suzuki will be offering only one wheel size in the Ignis unlike on most its products on which the more loaded variants get bigger size alloy wheels. The Ignis will also sport a new design of alloy wheels never seen on any Maruti Suzuki product before. Tyre specs for the previewed model stood at 175/65 R15.
6. Cosmetic options
Like Brezza, the Ignis will also be available with dual exterior paint options. The blue exterior paint will be co-ordinated with either white or black roof while the red exterior paint will be available with a black roof only. At launch, the Ignis will be available with these options and some more wraps for customisation. The blue Ignis that was previewed had a black roof, blacked out ORVMs and black alloys as well. Maruti Suzuki has plans to offer i-Create package with the Ignis however it will take some time for the company to offer it for Nexa cars.
7. Boot space
260-litre boot space for the Ignis looked good to hold a couple of bags. The rear seat gets a 60:40 split option for more luggage space however the loading lip looks a little high.
The Ignis will be launched as a premium product and safety features like dual airbags and ABS will be offered standard, as said before. The top variant of the Ignis will sport the following features:
- LED headlamps
- LED DRLs
- Fog lamps with chrome garnish
- Chrome outline around the front grille
- Black plastic cladding all around
- Turn indicators on ORVMs
- Blacked out A and B pillars
- 15” alloy wheels
- Keyless entry and push button start/stop
- Rear parking sensors
- Rear defogger, wiper and washer
- Black-ivory interior trim
- Carbon fibre-like inserts on AC vents
- ABS and dual front airbags
- Front disc brakes and rear drum brakes
- Headlamp leveling
- Height adjustable driver seat
- 60:40 split rear seat
- Power windows with driver side auto up/down
- Electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs
- Chrome door handles
- New steering wheel with controls for telephony and music system
- Climate control
- 7-inch Touchscreen entertainment system with MirrorLink, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and navigation
- Multi information display with outside temperature, time, tripmeters, low fuel warning, fuel efficiency, fuel level, instant fuel economy
- Front door pockets with bottle holders
- Bottle holders on rear doors
9. Features missed
Some of the features that won't make it to the top-end Maruti Suzuki Ignis are:
- UV cut glass as seen on Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Leather upholstery
10. Engine-transmission options
The Ignis will be powered by the same set of engines that power the Baleno. Both the petrol and diesel iterations of the Ignis will be available with 5-speed manual and AMT gearbox. The petrol engine will be a 1.2-litre VVT engine while the diesel will be the 1.3-litre DDiS engine.
And here's a quick review of the Ignis:
- Video - Maruti Suzuki Ignis - First Look
- EXCLUSIVE - Ignis Delta and Zeta - First Look
- 10 Things No One Told You About The Ignis!
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis – Which Variant Suits YOU?
- Spec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki Ignis vs Mahindra KUV100 vs Maruti Suzuki Swift vs Hyundai Grand i10
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis VS Engine Cousins – Fuel Efficiency Comparison
- Renew Maruti Ignis Car Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)
0 out of 0 found this helpful