Ford Mondeo Receives 5 Star Euro NCAP Rating
Ford’s all-new Mondeo received maximum five-star safety rating by independent crash test authority Euro NCAP. The car is automaker’s first car to offer Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection. If the system detects any pedestrian on the road ahead, it automatically apply brakes if the driver does not respond to warnings.
The car for the first time in Europe features Ford’s Inflatable Rear Seatbelt technology, a segment-first for Mondeo. In the event of an accident, the seat belt can expand to disperse crash forces across the body area five times greater than that is achieved by a conventional seat belt.
Ulrich Koesters, vehicle line director, Ford of Europe said, “This is the most technologically advanced Ford ever introduced in Europe. Through features like Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection, and Inflatable Rear Seatbelt, we’ve delivered safety features that provide exceptional protection for drivers, passengers and pedestrians alike.”
The car also embraces features like;
- Dynamic LED headlights combined with Ford’s Adaptive Front Lighting System
- Ford MyKey, which enables owners to programme a key – usually for younger drivers – that can prevent incoming phone calls, set a maximum audio volume and restrict the top speed
- Offers nine airbags – including a driver-knee bolster airbag
- Active City Stop, to help drivers avoid low speed collisions
- SYNC 2 with Emergency Assistance, a voice-activated interface that enables drivers to keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel, and can directly connect vehicle occupants to local emergency services operators after an accident.
“Euro NCAP’s five-star standard is getting higher and higher and cars now have to combine outstanding occupant crash protection with sophisticated driver assistance systems in order to make the grade. The Mondeo delivers on both counts and is amongst the first to offer pedestrian detection technology,” said Michiel van Ratingen, Euro NCAP general secretary.
The car will be made available in UK by December with a starting price tag of £20,795. The all-new Mondeo body structure features 61 per cent high strength steel, and uses an industry-first application of hydro-formed high strength steel for the forward window pillars and the roof rails – reducing side impact intrusion by up to 64mm.
- Loan Against Car - Get upto ₹25 Lakhs in cash