2015 Hyundai Sonata Eco gets Hyundai's first seven-speed dual-clutch transmission
Hyundai Motors in order to expand its model lineup in United States has announced that it will introduce a new model named as 2015 Sonata Eco. Powered by a powerful engine, the saloon is expected to deliver a fuel economy of 32mpg (13.6kmpl). In order to achieve competitive pricing, the company will manufacture Sonata Eco in the Hyundai Motor Manufacturing plant in Alabama later this summer.
John Shon, manager, product planning said, "Sonata Eco enhances the sophisticated design and confidence-inspiring driving dynamics of the 2015 Sonata with even more impressive fuel economy." "This innovative powertrain improves fuel efficiency without sacrificing the driving experience."
In addition to features available in Sonata SE, the Eco model gets some additional add-ons such as chrome grille, ORVMs with side blinkers, automatic headlamps, driver seat with 10-way power adjustment, stitching on the instrument cluster hood, chrome interior door handles, 5-inch color touchscreen infotainment system, a rearview backup camera and Blue Link telematics system.
Sonata Eco is powered by 1.6-litre turbocharged Gamma four-cylinder engine that churns a maximum power output of 177bhp and 264.3Nm of peak torque. It is Hyundai's first product to feature a new seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. Despite a powerful 1.6-litre engine, the car delivers a fuel economy of 28mpg(11.90 kmpl) in city and 38mpg (13.6 kmpl) on freeways.
In the States, the Sonata Eco will come with a price tag of $23,275 which comes to INR 14 lakh.
The saloon is also offered with $4,100 (INR 2.47 lakh) Technology Package which includes:
- Leather-wrapped on steering wheel and gear shift knob.
- Heated front seats.
- Dual automatic temperature control.
- 4.2-inch color LCD Multi-Info Display.
- 8-inch infotainment system which includes navigation system enabled with voice command technology, navigation and map split display, navigation with junction view lane guidance.
- Blind Spot Detection System (BSD) with Rear-cross Traffic Alert and Lane Change Assist.
- Chrome lining on door handles with welcome light.
- Hands-free Smart Trunk Auto Open.
- Proximity key entry with push-button start.
- Leather upholstery.
- D Radio Technology, improved touch sensitivity, Apple Eyes Free Siri integration, Wi-Fi client for downloading apps.
- Dimension premium audio.
- SiriusXM Travel Link®, which provides access to traffic information, sports scores, weather, stock prices, fuel prices and local movie times, with 3-month complimentary subscription.
- Auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink and compass.
- Auto up/down front passenger window.
- Loan Against Car - Get upto ₹25 Lakhs in cash
0 out of 0 found this helpful