Why Renault Kwid Is Your Best Bet In The Small Car Segment
The SUV-inspired Renault Kwid offers class-leading boot space, ground clearance and features. Unparalleled warranty, maintenance cost and high resale value enhance it further!
Renault has raised people's expectations from a small car with its game-changing hatchback, the Kwid. Now, the French car manufacturer has further cemented the Kwid’s position as the best small car in India by launching the 2018 Kwid facelift with several first-in-segment features at no extra cost. With more than 2.5 lakh satisfied customers, here’s why the Renault Kwid is the best pick in the small car segment.
6 reasons why the Renault Kwid is a groundbreaking product:
1. SUV-Inspired Styling: With an upright stance and body cladding, the Renault Kwid oozes SUV-like traits from every angle. The Kwid easily makes its peers look vanilla in front of it. Want to know more about the Kwid's styling? Click here.
2. The Big Small Car: The Renault Kwid literally towers over other offerings in the segment, including the Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 and Alto 800. It is the longest, widest and the tallest offering in its segment. The longer wheelbase results in a spacious and well laid out cabin. And it is not just space that Renault has paid attention to as passenger comfort has also received a high priority. The Renault Kwid features a segment-first rear armrest to pamper its occupants!
3. Ground Clearance: With an SUV-like 180mm ground clearance, the Renault Kwid rides as much as 20mm higher than its rivals.
4. Class-leading Boot Space: At 300 litres, the Renault Kwid can easily give hatchbacks even a couple of segments above a run for their money.
5. Large Touchscreen Infotainment System: The Renault Kwid packs a class-leading 7-inch MediaNAV touchscreen infotainment system with built-in navigation, whereas its rivals don’t even offer Bluetooth phone connectivity as an option. And guess what? The large screen unit also doubles up as a display for the segment-first reverse parking camera.
After the 7-inch touchscreen system, Renault Kwid has once again redefined the segment by offering a reverse parking camera. It comes in handy while parking in tight spaces making the Kwid city-friendly and smart!
6. AMT Dial: The convenience that Renault’s AMT dial offers is unparalleled in the segment. Just nudge it between D ‘Drive’, R ‘Reverse’ and N ‘Neutral’ and you’re good to go. The dial is conveniently placed just below the air conditioning controls and doesn't require the driver to take his eyes off the road. It also comes with Traffic Assist, which helps the vehicle to crawl forward in slow-moving traffic without using the accelerator pedal and also prevents it from rolling back on slopes
The Renault Kwid comes with a four-year or 1 lakh km (whichever is earlier) class-leading standard warranty. This includes the regular 2 years/50,000km comprehensive warranty along with an additional 2 years/50,000km extended warranty at no extra cost. None of its rivals offer such an extensive standard warranty program.
We found the Renault Kwid 0.8-litre to be around 35 per cent cheaper to maintain than other 800cc offerings in its segment over a five-year period. The Kwid 1.0-litre, on the other hand, is about 40 per cent cheaper to maintain over a similar time frame when compared to other 1.0-litre offerings in the segment. Read more about our comparative analysis here. The Kwid's low maintenance cost coupled with its impressive fuel efficiency – 22.70kmpl (0.8-litre) and 21.70kmpl (1.0-litre) & 22.50kmpl (AMT) – and high resale value amplifies its value for money quotient. In fact, there isn’t a single hatchback even today that offers as many features as the Kwid does while retaining a high resale value at the same time.
Pan India Service Network
To keep its service centres within reach, Renault came up with a one of a kind initiative - Workshop on Wheels mobile service stations. Besides its regular service network of 270 outlets, there are over 50 Workshop on Wheels (WoW) covering remote areas. This enables Renault to offer comprehensive after-sales services in more than 350 cities!
The Renault Kwid is offered with a choice of two petrol engines and two transmissions. It is priced in the range of Rs 2.66 lakh to Rs 4.59 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The Renault Kwid is stylish, spacious, has a big boot, is feature-rich and comes with three powertrain options. And while it already had a long list of segment-first features, the Kwid upped its game with the 2018 facelift that adds even more goodies to its class-leading equipment list at no additional cost! What’s more? Maintaining it won’t cost a bomb either. If that isn’t enough, Renault even offers the Kwid with a segment-leading 4-year warranty package that will definitely seal the deal!
Interesting Reads :
0 out of 0 found this helpful