Hyundai Xcent launched at Rs 4 lakhs 66 thousand
Finally the day has come when Hyundai make their onslaught in the ever growing compact car segment with the launch of the Xcent. Priced at Rs 4.66 – 7.19 lakhs (Ex-showroom Delhi) the compact sedan is set to take on segment leaders like Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Honda Amaze, Mahindra Verito to name a few.
To bring you the latest update on this launch we take you directly to Hyundai’s showcasing:
12:20 pm: Press conference begins
12:22 pm: CH Han (Senior Director Sales and marketing) said that, Its landmark day for Hyundai today. Xcent boosts a Sporty design and cutting edge technology. Hyundai capability in terms of features on board is far better than rest of comptetion. Hyundai is customer focussed company and Xcent is one such attempt to cater to our customers and fulfil their desires.
Amit Kumar Dhaundiyal (Head product planning)
Provided a detailed presentation on Xcent which included elements such as exterior and interior design.
· Swept back headlamps along with wrap around tail lamps with chrome inserts
· Chrome finish hexagonal air dam
· Steeply raked windshield
· Wide daylight opening area
· Front bumper with integrated spoiler design
· Sporty dual tone rear bumper with stylish reflectors
· Diamond cut alloy wheels and classy door handles
· Stylish and aerodynamic kick-up trunk lid design with chrome garnish
· LED high mount stop lamp
· Bright dual tone beige and black interiors
· Premium designed dashboard integrated with hexagonal outlined audio
· Ergonomically positioned controls
· Decent leg and headroom in both front & rear
· Boot space that measures 407 litres
· Multiple storage options in door trims and centre console
· Rear arm rest
· Leather wrapped steering wheel
· Leather wrapped gear shift know with chrome insert
· Rear AC vents
· Smart key with push start button
· Rear parking camera & sensors
· 1 GB internal memory
· Auto folding mirrors
· Electro-chromatic mirror
N Srinivas (Research and Development)
12:40 pm : Gave a presentation on the power train thats on offer in the Xcent.
12:41 pm: Hyundai is offering a 1.1 litre advanced 2nd generation U2 CRDi diesel along with a 1.2 litre Kappa Dual VTVT petrol engine.
12:42 pm: Speaking about the diesel power train, he mentioned that the Advanced 2nd generation U2 CRDi unit produces 72 PS@4000 rpm with a maximum torque of 18.4kgm @ 1750-2500rpm. It is mated to 5 speed manual transmission. Mileage for diesel stands at 24.4 kmpl.
12:44 pm: While the 1.2 litre Kappa petrol engine comes with Dual VTVT technology that give a performance figure of 83PS@6000rpm with 11.6kgm of peak torque. The company is offering a 5 speed manual as well as a 4 speed automatic on this variant. Its mileage is 19.1 kmpl.
12:55 pm: Rakesh Srivastav announces the price that are as follows
* Manual: Starts at Rs 4.66 lakhs (Ex-showroom Delhi)
* Automatic: Starts at Rs 6.29 lakhs (Ex-showroom Delhi)
Diesel Manual: Starts at Rs 5.56 lakhs (Ex-showroom Delhi)
Booking open from today and prices mentioned herein are all introductory.
Read More on : Hyundai Xcent price
0 out of 0 found this helpful