2017 Hyundai Verna: All You Need To Know
- 826717 Views
- 1 Comments
- Write a comment
This is your one stop destination for all your 2017 Hyundai Verna related questions!
Major Update: 2017 Hyundai Verna Launched At Rs 7.99 Lakh (article updated post its launch)
A Quick Recap Of The New Verna
The 2017 Verna made its debut at the 2016 Chengdu Motor Show in September in China. As far as India is concerned, it is the third-gen model, but technically, it’s the fifth-gen of the Accent nameplate. The third-gen Accent was renamed as the Verna, making it the first-gen model for the Indian market.
The one that we’ll be getting was revealed in Canada (known as Accent there) and Russia (known as Solaris there) earlier this year. When compared to the Chinese version (check out the picture above), this sedan features subtle differences on the front and the rear profile. Overall, they all are more or less similar! It is based on an all-new K2 platform (shared with the Hyundai Elantra) which features around 50% of Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS).
Prices (Ex-Showroom, New Delhi)
Introductory prices valid for the first 20,000 customers only
- Verna E (Manual): Rs 7.99 lakh
- Verna EX (Manual): Rs 9.06 lakh
- Verna EX (Automatic): Rs 10.22 lakh
- Verna SX (Manual): Rs 9.49 lakh
- Verna SX (O) (Manual): Rs 11.08 lakh
- Verna SX(O) (Automatic): 12.23 lakh
- Verna E (Manual): Rs 9.19 lakh
- Verna EX (Manual): Rs 9.99 lakh
- Verna EX (Automatic): Rs 11.39 lakh
- Verna SX (Manual): Rs 11.11 lakh
- Verna SX+ (Automatic): Rs 12.61 lakh
- Verna SX(O) (Manual): Rs 12.39 lakh
As mentioned above, the Honda City remains its prime adversary in the mid-size sedan segment. The new Verna will also have to go head-to-head against the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz. Sedans from Volkswagen Group, the VW Vento and the Skoda Rapid, got major updates recently. The Skoda received a significant facelift, while the Volkswagen gained a new feature-loaded range-topping trim. This, combined with their class-leading dual-clutch automatic drivetrains, has helped the company attract a lot of customers in the segment. The Verna has to look out for them as well.
Check out: Hyundai Verna: Old Vs New
Engine And Transmission
The 2017 Hyundai Verna carries forward the 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engines from the previous model, while it no longer offers the 1.4-litre ones.
- 1.6L Dual VTVT: 123PS/155Nm (6-speed MT/ 6-speed AT)
- 1.6L: 128PS/260Nm (6-speed MT/ 6-speed AT)
While a 6-speed manual is now standard (earlier the 1.6-litre petrol was mated to a 5-speed manual), the 2017 Verna has borrowed the 6-speed automatic from the Creta for both of its 1.6-litre petrol and diesel motors. The new 6AT has replaced the previous and ancient 4-speed auto.
Variants And Features
It is available in six variants each for its diesel and petrol engines.
- Verna E (Base trim)
- Verna EX
- Verna Auto EX (Base petrol automatic trim)
- Verna SX
- Verna SX (O) (Range-topping manual trim)
- Verna Auto SX (O) (Range-topping automatic trim)
- Verna E (Base diesel trim)
- Verna EX
- Verna Auto EX (Base diesel automatic trim)
- Verna SX
- Verna Auto SX+ (Top-spec diesel automatic)
- Verna SX (O) (Range-topping diesel trim: manual only)
Unlike before, there’s no full-spec diesel automatic trim, the Auto SX+ will offer more goodies than the SX trim, but surely not as much as the SX(O). The petrol, on the other hand, is now available in the range-topping SX(O) trim, which was not the case with the previous model.
Don't Miss: 2017 Hyundai Verna: Variants Explained (with features)
Watch The First Look Of The New Verna
Read More on : Verna Automatic
0 out of 0 found this helpful