Skoda Karoq Scout Officially Unveiled Ahead Of Debut
The Karoq Scout is powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine and looks more rugged than the standard version
Skoda has unveiled an off-road-focused version of its compact SUV, the Karoq. Called the Karoq Scout, it not only gets exterior elements that make it look more butch but also four-wheel drive as standard.
Here are the highlights of the Karoq Scout:
- The Karoq Scout gets silver body cladding and chrome-lined windows
- It features new 18-inch ‘Barga’ alloys as standard. Skoda also has the option of 19-inch ‘Crater’ alloys
- Other things that set the Scout apart from the standard Karoq are tinted windows and ‘SCOUT’ logos on the front mudguards
- On the inside, the Scout gets new seat covers with black-brown contrast seams and embroidered ‘SCOUT’ lettering. The standard Karoq gets all-black seat covers.
- It also gets a multifunctional leather-wrapped steering wheel, pedals with stainless steel elements and LED ambient lighting to set itself apart from the standard Karoq
- Skoda will also offer a virtual cockpit all-digital instrument cluster as standard on the Karoq Scout
- In addition to the 1.5-litre TSI (150PS) petrol engine with a 7-speed DSG that powers the standard Karoq, the Karoq Scout will also get a 2.0-litre diesel engine in two states of tune
- The 2.0-litre diesel engine will produce 150PS with a 6-speed MT and a 7-speed DSG in the lower state of tune. In the higher tune, it will churn out 190PS of maximum power with a 7-speed DSG gearbox
- The Skoda Koroq Scout will make its International debut at 2018 Paris Motor Show. So, expect it to go on sale globally by the end of this year
- Skoda has already confirmed that the Karoq will be launched in India by 2019. It remains to be seen if the carmaker plans to offer the Karoq Scout in India or not. Skoda also has a Scout version outside India but the Czech carmaker has not yet introduced it in our market