2014 Skoda Yeti: Features and Highlights
Skoda is ready with the second life of Yeti; the Czech automaker has launched the 2014 Skoda Yeti facelift at a starting price of Rs. 18.99 (Ex-Showroom New Delhi). The new Yeti comes in two variants – 4x2 and 4x4. The 4x4 comes with permanent all-time all-wheel-drive and gets new Haldex clutch and features automatic torque distribution. The 4x4 version costs Rs 20.05 lakh (Ex- Showroom Delhi). So what has changed in the Skoda's new crossover SUV apart from the cosmetic upgrades outside, let's give you glimpse of the Yeti's features and highlights.
Exterior: Features and Dimensions
- Yeti comes with Bi-Xenon headlamps with dynamic leveling along with LED day-time-running lights and LED taillamps.
- Fog lamps with cornering lights.
- Yeti rides on 16-inch alloys with 4x2 version while the 4x4 version gets smarter looking 5-twin-spoke alloys.
- Dimensionally, Yeti measures – Length 4222mm, width 1793mm, height 1691mm & wheelbase 2578mm. While the boot space of Yeti is 416 liters.
- The new Yeti rides 180mm above the ground.
- The new yeti is upholstered in leather upholstery and features VarioFlex rear seat system.
- The driver and co-passenger seat is height adjustable along with lumber support adjustment for both.
- Yeti features Skoda's 6.5 inch TFT touch screen infotainment system with host of connectivity options while the decibels are powered by 8 speaker system.
- Cruise control is also on offer.
- Yeti comes with six-airbags – driver airbags, co-passenger airbags, driver knee airbags, curtain airbags, side airbags.
- Braking is assisted by ABS, EBD along with HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assist)
- Driving is assisted by ASR (Anti Slip Regulation), TCS (Traction Control Management), EDL (Electronic Differential Lock), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), HHC (Hill Hold Control), TPM (Tyre Pressure Monitoring)
Engine and Gearbox
Like its predecessor the new Skoda Yeti continues to sport only diesel unit as the working horse. The VW's 2.0 liter TDI turbo diesel is present in two state of tunes in Yeti. The 4x2 version of Yeti gets a 108.5bhp (110PS) tuned motor that churns out 250Nm of max torque in-between (1500-2500rpm) mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. While the more powerful version of this engine gets a 6-speed manual and gathers 138.1bhp (140PS) and 320Nm of torque in between the engine speed 1750-2500rpm. Yeti 4x2 gets 55 liters of fuel tank while the 4x4 version gets 60 liter. Moreover, in terms of mileage Yeti 4x2 delivers 17.72km/l while the 4x4 version returns with 17.67km/l.
Read More on : Skoda Yeti price
0 out of 0 found this helpful