Honda CityChange car
Key Specs of Honda City
|Mileage (upto)||25.6 kmpl|
|Engine (upto)||1498 cc|
City Latest Update
Honda City Prices and variants: Honda City prices start from Rs 8.77 lakh and goes up to Rs 13.75 lakh for the petrol variant while the diesel version is priced between Rs 11.10 lakh and Rs 13.87 lakh. It is available in five variants, namely, S, SV, V, VX and ZX (the diesel powertrain is not available in the base S trim). Currently, Honda is also offering the 20th-anniversary edition of the City, which is priced at Rs 13.80 lakh and 13.92 lakh for petrol and diesel respectively. Read more
Honda City Engine specifications and mileage: The City is powered by a 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol and 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 119PS/145Nm and is mated to either a 5-speed manual transmission or a CVT automatic gearbox. The diesel engine, on the other hand, is good for 100PS/200Nm and is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. Both the engines are well powered and offer good city and highway drivability. The City has a claimed mileage of 17.4kmpl and 25.6kmpl for petrol and diesel respectively. The petrol CVT is a bit more efficient than its manual counterpart and has a fuel economy of 18kmpl.
Honda City Features: Equipment on the City include a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation and parking camera support, electric sunroof, cruise control, automatic climate control, rear parking camera, auto dimming IRVM, rain-sensing wipers, automatic LED headlamps and push-button start, among others. For safety, the City gets dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and ISOFIX child seat anchors as standard across its range. However, the top-spec ZX variant gets six airbags instead of two.
Honda City price list (Variants)
|City i-DTEC SV1498 cc, Manual, Diesel, 25.6 kmpl||Rs.11.1 Lakh*|
|City i-DTEC V1498 cc, Manual, Diesel, 25.6 kmpl||Rs.11.89 Lakh*|
|City i-DTEC VX1498 cc, Manual, Diesel, 25.6 kmpl||Rs.13.19 Lakh*|
|City i-DTEC ZX1498 cc, Manual, Diesel, 25.6 kmpl||Rs.13.88 Lakh*|
|City Anniversary i-DTEC ZX1498 cc, Manual, Diesel, 25.6 kmpl||Rs.13.93 Lakh*|
|City i-VTEC S1497 cc, Manual, Petrol, 17.4 kmpl||Rs.8.77 Lakh*|
|City i-VTEC SV1497 cc, Manual, Petrol, 17.4 kmpl||Rs.9.75 Lakh*|
|City i-VTEC V1497 cc, Manual, Petrol, 17.4 kmpl|
|City i-VTEC CVT V1497 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 18.0 kmpl||Rs.11.78 Lakh*|
|City i-VTEC VX1497 cc, Manual, Petrol, 17.4 kmpl||Rs.11.89 Lakh*|
|City i-VTEC CVT VX1497 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 18.0 kmpl||Rs.13.08 Lakh*|
|City i-VTEC CVT ZX1497 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 18.0 kmpl||Rs.13.76 Lakh*|
|City Anniversary i-VTEC CVT ZX1497 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 18.0 kmpl||Rs.13.8 Lakh*|
- All Version
- Diesel Version
- Petrol Version
Expert Review of Honda City
Things We Like in City
- The City’s interior space and build quality is good. In fact, it is comparable with even some D-segment sedans
- At 510 litres, the City’s boot is among the most spacious in the segment. It’s also the same as the Ciaz’s.
- The City gets a one-touch electric sunroof, which is unavailable in most cars in this segment
- The Honda City gets six airbags in the top-spec ZX variant. Not many cars in this segment offer that
- The petrol City is among the most fuel-efficient automatic cars in its segment.At 18kmpl, it is about 2kmpl more efficient than the Verna petrol automatic, which has a claimed efficiency of 15.92kmpl.
Things We Don't Like in City
- High Price: the City is the most expensive car in its segment. The City’s top-spec ZX variant is almost Rs 1 lakh pricier than the Verna’s SX(O) variant, City’s closest rival in terms of features and performance
- Infotainment System: the City’s 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system is laggy and lacks Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality, something which is offered in every other sedan in this segment
- NVH levels could have been better. Diesel engine’s vibrations and noise can be felt inside the cabin
- The City is not offered with an automatic transmission with its diesel engine. However, other sedans like the Vento, Rapid and the Verna get it
- The Honda City gets touch-based AC controls in its top-spec variant, which are not easy to use while driving as you will need to take your eyes off the road to use them
Stand Out Features
Paddle Shifters: The City is the only car in its segment to offer paddle shifters. The paddle shifters allow drivers to shift gears without getting hands off the steering wheelHonda City Image
Internet Connectivity: The Digipad infotainment system is wifi enabled that allows the user to access the internet with the help of a mobile hotspot. It is the only car in its segment to get this functionalityHonda City Image
LED headlamps: The Honda City is the only car to offer LED headlamps and fog lamps. These headlamps not only lend the City a premium look but also provide better visibility. Honda City Image
Honda City Comparison with similar cars - Compare Cars
Must read articles before buying Honda City
With the 2017 facelifted avatar, the Honda City has significantly upped its game in terms of overall packaging!
What new features are being offered by the facelifted City, and do they offer as much value for money as the features offered by its competitors? Let's find out.
Is the 2018 Ciaz capable enough of taking back the top spot in its segment? Let's find out
Unlike the City, which is available with a petrol and a diesel engine, the Yaris will come with a petrol engine only
Does shifting gears via paddles excite you? Do you think the City CVT with paddle shifters is quicker than its manual counterpart?
The company-claimed mileage figures of Honda City CVT are higher than its manual, but the real world figures say something else
Honda City User Reviews
Rate the Car
- Latest Reviews
- Most Helpful Reviews
I bought a new Honda city recently in Ranchi. The car looked perfect, but it was a defective one. When we bought the car, and after payment procedures, the owner of the ...
Recently I got a chance to drive Honda City and as I am planning to buy a car in this segment, it was of great help. There were some good points about the car but the neg...
I have purchased the new HONDA city from Olympia HONDA - Chennai in the Apr 2014. From my purchase I used to face water leakage inside my car during the rainy season. Whe...
Look and Style: I am a complete fan of Honda Cars especially in the premium sedan segment. The look and feel of Honda City and Civic are a class apart and have been abso...
Mileage of Honda City
The claimed ARAI mileage: Honda City Diesel is 25.6 kmpl | Honda City Petrol is 17.4 kmpl. The claimed ARAI mileage for the automatic variant: Honda City Petrol is 18.0 kmpl.
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
Honda City Videos
- 12:7Hyundai Verna vs Honda City | Sedan Comparison | ZigWheels.comDec 20, 2017
- 8:272017 Honda City Facelift | First Drive Review | ZigWheelsFeb 21, 2017
- 5:6Honda City Hits & Misses | CarDekhoOct 26, 2017
- 10:23Honda City vs Maruti Suzuki Ciaz vs Hyundai Verna - Variants ComparedSep 13, 2017
- 7:332017 Honda City Facelift | Variants ExplainedFeb 24, 2017
- 5:48Honda City vs Volkswagen Vento | Video Comparison | CarDekho.com - Honda VideosMar 31, 2016
- 11:262015 Honda City Vs Hyundai Verna I Comparison Video I CarDekho.com - Honda VideosMar 31, 2016
- 10:14Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Hyundai i20 Active vs Honda City :: Comparison:: ZigwheelsMar 31, 2016
Honda City Images and Colours
Honda City News
We list down sub-10 lakh rupees cars that offer the essential child safety feature
This Diwali, don’t just burst crackers, drive one too
Benefits include insurance at Re 1, exchange bonus and free accessories till 30 November
Does the 2018 Ciaz offer better value for money than the City? We find out
Outgoing Honda CR-V attracts a cash discount of Rs 1.5 lakh
Save BIG by buying a Used Car
- Used Honda City
- Similarly Priced
- Total Loan AmountRs.0
- Payable AmountRs.0
- You’ll pay extraRs.0
Calculated on Ex-Showroom priceRs. /month
Buy a Honda car today and Win a fully paid...
Honda City Price in India
|Mumbai||Rs. 10.32 - 16.83 Lakh|
|Bangalore||Rs. 10.64 - 17.64 Lakh|
|Chennai||Rs. 10.19 - 16.85 Lakh|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 10.49 - 16.95 Lakh|
|Pune||Rs. 10.28 - 16.76 Lakh|
|Kolkata||Rs. 9.77 - 15.7 Lakh|
|Kochi||Rs. 10.15 - 16.36 Lakh|
Trending Honda Cars