Renault’s Kia Sonet-Rival Teased Before Expected Launch In Early-2021
It is likely to be called the Kiger as trademarked by the automaker in India
- The SUV concept is likely to debut by early-2021.
- It will share its underpinnings and engines with the Nissan Magnite.
- Expected to feature LED headlamps, premium sound system, digital instrument cluster and auto climate control
It’s no secret that Renault has been working on a sub-4m SUV (likely to be called the Kiger) for a long time now, with several sightings on numerous occasions. Now, Renault has teased the SUV for the first time, albeit in concept form. The carmaker is expected to unveil it in concept form initially before its early-2021 launch, possibly by March. Nissan followed the same route with Kiger’s counterpart, the Magnite, which will hit the market later this month.
The teaser video does not reveal much except the split headlamp setup with sleek DLRs on top featuring green inserts. Similar green colour inserts can be seen on the door handles as well as the sporty looking rear spoiler. That’s pretty much all from the first teaser Now let’s take a look at what we know about the upcoming Renault SUV so far:
- It will share its underpinnings with the soon-to-be-launched Nissan Magnite.
- It will be offered with two petrol engines: a 1.0-litre naturally aspirated unit (72PS/96Nm) and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol (100PS/160Nm). While the 5-speed manual transmission will be offered as standard with both engines, CVT will be limited to the turbo-petrol engine only.
- It could feature up to four airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, parking camera, auto AC with rear AC vents, and connected car tech.
- Front and rear design seem inspired by the Kwid.
- Likely to be priced from Rs 5.5 lakh to Rs 9.5 lakh, similar to the Nissan Magnite.
- It will take on the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Toyota Urban Cruiser, Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Ford EcoSport, and the upcoming Nissan Magnite.
- Expected to launch by January 2021.
0 out of 0 found this helpful