Key Specs of Hyundai Elite i20
|Mileage (upto)||22.54 kmpl|
|Engine (upto)||1396 cc|
Elite i20 Latest Update
The made-in-India Hyundai i20 exported to South Africa has received a 3-star rating in Global NCAP’s latest crash test. Here are all the details.
The 2018 Elite i20 is available with two engine and transmission options - a 1.2-litre petrol engine that produces 83PS/115Nm mated to a 5-speed manual and a CVT transmission. Second is a 1.4-litre U2 CRDi Diesel engine that is mated to a 6-speed manual and puts out 90PS/220Nm. 2018 Elite i20 Buyer's Guide: Variants Explained
On the features front, the new Elite i20 gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink compatibility, rear parking camera (display on infotainment screen) with sensors, automatic climate control with rear AC vents, cooled glove box, electrically foldable and adjustable ORVMs with welcome function and automatic projector headlamps with LED DRLs and positioning lamps, among others.
In terms of safety, the new Elite i20 gets dual front airbags and ABS as standard across the range. The top-spec Asta(O) variant gets four airbags and ISOFIX hold seat anchors in addition to the standard equipment.
Hyundai Elite i20 price list (Variants)
|Elite i20 Diesel Era1396 cc, Manual, Diesel, 22.54 kmpl||Rs.6.81 Lakh*|
|Elite i20 Diesel Magna Era1396 cc, Manual, Diesel, 22.54 kmpl||Rs.7.39 Lakh*|
|Elite i20 Diesel Sportz1396 cc, Manual, Diesel, 22.54 kmpl||Rs.7.91 Lakh*|
|Elite i20 Diesel Asta1396 cc, Manual, Diesel, 22.54 kmpl||Rs.8.44 Lakh*|
|Elite i20 Diesel Asta Dual Tone1396 cc, Manual, Diesel, 22.54 kmpl||Rs.8.69 Lakh*|
|Elite i20 Diesel Asta Option1396 cc, Manual, Diesel, 22.54 kmpl||Rs.9.23 Lakh*|
|Elite i20 Petrol Era1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 18.6 kmpl||Rs.5.43 Lakh*|
|Elite i20 Petrol Magna Era1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 18.6 kmpl||Rs.6.0 Lakh*|
|Elite i20 Petrol Sportz1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 18.6 kmpl||Rs.6.67 Lakh*|
|Elite i20 Petrol Asta1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 18.6 kmpl||Rs.7.2 Lakh*|
|Elite i20 Petrol CVT Magna Executive1197 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 17.4 kmpl||Rs.7.07 Lakh*|
|Elite i20 Petrol Asta Dual Tone1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 18.6 kmpl||Rs.7.45 Lakh*|
|Elite i20 Petrol Asta Option1197 cc, Manual, Petrol, 18.6 kmpl||Rs.7.99 Lakh*|
|i20 Petrol CVT Asta1197 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 17.4 kmpl||Rs.8.24 Lakh*|
- All Version
- Diesel Version
- Petrol Version
Expert Review of Hyundai Elite i20
Things We Like in Elite i20
- Infotainment: Updated 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system now comes with Arkamys sound, which enhances the music listening experience
- While the Hyundai i20 continues to use the same engines as before, mileage is claimed to have improved by 9 per cent
- The Elite i20 gets rear armrest. A feature which is usually seen on more expensive sedans
- Rear parking camera comes with dynamic guidelines, that helps the driver when parking in a tight spot
- The Elite i20 gets Hyundai Auto link. It gives user remote access to the vehicle’s health and monitor driving patterns
Things We Don't Like in Elite i20
- Safety: ISOFIX child seat anchors are offered only in the top-spec Asta (O) variant. They are standard in the Baleno
- Features such as push button start, rear defogger and wiper, and height adjustable seat belts are offered only in the top-end variant
- The Elite i20 does not get an automatic transmission just yet. All other cars in its segment get one. In fact, the VW Polo is equipped with a dual-clutch automatic transmission!
Stand Out Features
6 airbags- The Elite i20 is the only car in its segment to offer six airbags that makes it one of the safest hatchbacks on sale in India under Rs 10 lakh
Dual tone Exterior- The Elite i20 gets dual-tone paint option, which definitely makes it stand out from the crowd. However, it’s only available in the Asta variant
Rear AC vents-The Elite i20 is the only premium hatchback to offer rear AC vents, which should keep passengers at the back happy
Hyundai Elite i20 Comparison with similar cars - Compare Cars
Must read articles before buying Hyundai Elite i20
Interested in buying the Elite i20 facelift? Know which of its variants is the right fit for you.
So, how do the three premium hatches compare against each other on paper? What all do they offer and where do they lag?
With more features and cosmetic updates, the Elite i20 facelift revives its rivalry with the bestselling premium hatchback, the Maruti Baleno
We pit these premium automatic hatchbacks against each other on paper
Hyundai launched the 2018 Elite i20 at the Auto Expo 2018. Prices of the 2018 Elite i20 start at Rs 5.35 lakh and go up to Rs 9.15 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) It is the first facelift the car has received since it was launched back in 2014. The changes aren’t many but Hyundai has done just enough to make this a worthy update. Let's take a deeper look at what the 2018 Elite i20 has on offer starting off with its price.
Despite being one of the most well-rounded packages in the premium hatchback space, the second-gen i20 facelift still leaves us wanting in some departments
Hyundai Elite i20 User Reviews
Rate the Car
- Latest Reviews
- Most Helpful Reviews
I have purchased Elite i20 2018 Sportz petrol and satisfied with its performance. It is giving 20 km. Per liter on highway and 13-15 in the city. It's engine is very ...
I brought the car 3 months back and unfortunately met with a road accident last month. Response from Hyundai road side assistance is terrific and horrible. My phone was d...
All other features are excellent except the following .... I brought a new i 20 Sports ABS Model (Diesel) in 2013 November. While in driving the vehicle stops gradually w...
I am planning to buy a good car for my family in the range of Rs. 7 - 9 lakh and therefore I went to Hyundai showroom to test ride i20. Not to say the car has got great l...
Mileage of Hyundai Elite i20
The claimed ARAI mileage: Hyundai i20 Diesel is 22.54 kmpl | Hyundai i20 Petrol is 18.6 kmpl. The claimed ARAI mileage for the automatic variant: Hyundai i20 Petrol is 17.4 kmpl.
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
Hyundai Elite i20 Videos
- 4:442018 Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift - 5 Things you need to know | Road Test ReviewMar 29, 2018
- 8:342018 Hyundai Elite i20 - Which Variant To Buy?Mar 29, 2018
- 5:162018 Hyundai Elite i20 | Hits & MissesMar 17, 2018
- 2:36Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift Launched At Auto Expo 2018Feb 07, 2018
- 8:16Hyundai Eltie i20 | Expert Review | CarDekho.comDec 16, 2015
- 6:29Know Your Hyundai Elite i20 | Review of Features I CarDekho.comDec 16, 2015
- 6:11Hyundai Elite i20 VS Ford Figo Aspire | Comparison Video | CarDekho.comDec 16, 2015
- 11:56Hyundai Elite vs Maruti Baleno vs Honda Jazz | Comparison | CarDekho.comDec 14, 2015
Hyundai i20 Images and Colours
Hyundai Elite i20 News
The hatchback was tested under Global NCAP’s ‘Safer Cars For Africa’ project
The South Korean automaker will supply its cars for Revv’s car sharing service
Of the 8, the Toyota Yaris and the Ford Freestyle are all-new additions to their respective segments
The Hyundai Elite i20 Asta and Asta(O) MY2016 and 2017 are eligible for the software update
Which of these two automatic hatchbacks should you buy? We find out
Save BIG by buying a Used Car
- Used Hyundai i20
- Similarly Priced
- Total Loan AmountRs.0
- Payable AmountRs.0
- You’ll pay extraRs.0
Calculated on Ex-Showroom priceRs. /month
Hyundai Elite i20 Price in India
|Mumbai||Rs. 6.36 - 10.89 Lakh|
|Bangalore||Rs. 6.62 - 11.16 Lakh|
|Chennai||Rs. 6.29 - 10.61 Lakh|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 6.39 - 10.8 Lakh|
|Pune||Rs. 6.34 - 10.89 Lakh|
|Kolkata||Rs. 6.05 - 10.17 Lakh|
|Kochi||Rs. 6.21 - 10.46 Lakh|
Trending Hyundai Cars
- Hyundai Kona ElectricRs.25.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 16, 2019
- Hyundai SonataRs.20.77 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 22, 2019
- Hyundai Grand i10 2019Rs.4.5 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 02, 2019
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2019Rs.27.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 01, 2019
- Hyundai CarlinoRs.8.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Apr 04, 2019