Nissan India refreshes Evalia MPV
Nissan India silently updates the Evalia MPV; the 2014 model is available in six variants with prices starting at INR 8.49 lakh for the base XE variant while the top-of-the-line XV (optional) costs INR 10.67 lakh (Ex-Showroom, New Delhi). Nissan Evalia still misses the petrol engine just like before and the refreshed MPV continues to carry the same turbo diesel engine.
The 2014 Nissan Evalia
- On the outside, the Evalia gets Nissan's signature 'V' shaped chrome grille, similar to the one found in the new Micra. Apart from this everything remained same.
- From inside, the MPV offers faux wood finish central console, bettered in fit and finish and continues to offers 7 and 6 (2nd row captain seats with armrest) seating option.
- The MPV offers double-din audio system featuring tuner, CD/MP3/ USB and AUX-in connectivity.
- The car continues to carry the multi-function display in the instrumentation cluster offering rear camera as a parking aid. While the rear sliding window which was introduced in the mild update after the launch is retained in this refresh.
- On the safety front, Evalia offers ABS (Anti-Lock Braking) system and EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution) with BA (Brake-Assist), as standard across all variants. While the dual front airbags are also standard except the base variant.
Mechanically, the MPV is unaltered and continues to be powered by the K9K turbo diesel motor. Just like before, the 2014 Evalia is only offered in the diesel trims and no petrol motor is on offer. The turbocharged inter-cooled 1.5L K9K featuring FGT (Fixed Geometry Turbocharging) churns out 84.8bhp (86PS) of maximum power and a peak torque of 200Nm at 2000rpm. The engine is mated to a five speed manual transmission. The MPV returns an ARAI certified fuel economy figure of 19.3km/l. The Evalia competes with the likes of Toyota Innova and Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, which are the segment leaders, along with the upcoming Honda Mobilio.
Read More on : 2014 Nissan Evalia
0 out of 0 found this helpful