Datsun redi-GO’s Bold Design Appeals To The Young At Heart
Datsun redi-GO follows the Japanese Yukan Design Language which translates to a design that is bold and edgy. The long wheel base makes for excellent cabin space and upright stance leads to a commanding sitting position. With first in segment DRLs, redi-GO is a head-turner
- Tallboy design for an upright stance and high ground clearance of 185mm
- Long wheel base for spacious cabin and large boot space
- Bold and aggressive design for front and rear
Datsun, the Japanese carmaker is known for making gorgeous cars such as the Datsun Bluebird 510 and the first affordable sports car called the Datsun Fairlady. They have been manufacturing cars for over a 100 years now. In fact, Datsun has been around even longer than parent company Nissan! Between 1958 and 1986, all vehicles exported by Nissan were badged as Datsun and the two brands came to be known for their reliability and value. Brand Datsun was resurrected in 2013 as the brand for building affordable entry-level cars for emerging markets across the globe.
Within three years of Datsun’s re-launch, the carmaker launched three cars in India, the GO hatchback, the GO+ MPV and the redi-GO urban crossover. Datsun came into its full force when it unveiled the redi-GO concept at the 2014 Auto Expo. India’s first urban crossover concept featured the now familiar Datsun grille, the practicality of a five-door hatchback along with the rugged stance of an SUV. The concept was indeed a showstopper in its own right.
When the redi-GO was unveiled in April, 2016, we were amazed at how much of the concept’s design had been carried over to the actual production car. The Yukan design philosophy, the carmaker said, would help the redi-GO’s “modern and distinctive looks stand out from the crowd.” The Yukan design, which translates to brave and bold, reflects the sense of individuality of the people who buy the redi-GO, says Datsun. It added that the redi-GO is aimed at “confident go-getters who know where they want to be in life.” Tall claims? Well, based on how much of the concept’s design was carried over into the final car and how popular it has turned out to be, we’d say no.
So what makes the redi-GO stand out from its peers?
- To start off with, let’s talk about its Daytime Running Lights (DRLs). The redi-GO was the first car in its segment to feature them and still continues to be the only car to boast of the feature.
- The swept back headlamps and the flared wheel arches further enhance its styling.
- Then there’s the boot, which is quite generous for a car of its size.
Moreover, the design of the redi-GO, with its soft curves interspersed with sharp character lines and the faux skid plate, gives the hatchback a rugged look that no other car in the segment can match. However, it is when you step inside the cabin that you are truly amazed by the redi-GO.
The Yukan design of the redi-GO has let the engineers push all four wheels to the extremities of the hatchback. This has helped the manufacturer free up space for four occupants in a small package. The small hatchback is the ideal companion for seeking out hitherto unexplored regions of our rapidly growing cities. The higher ground clearance even lets you take the redi-GO to off-beaten locations that regular hatchbacks would find quite challenging and also help you cruise smoothly on the pot-holed Indian roads. Its tall seating position and good all-round visibility make it easy to drive in confined spaces. Being a tall boy, there’s even a handsome amount of headroom for tall passengers.
So, does the redi-GO make for a good first car?
With its contemporary design and spacious cabin, the redi-GO has encompassed everything the concept stood for. Starting at Rs 2.50 lakh (ex-showroom, pan India), redi-GO, with its Tallboy design, fuel efficiency of 22.7 kmpl and a host of safety features, is an ideal choice for those who want to stand from crowd. Available in two engine options and multiple trim variants, Datsun redi-GO has something on offer for everyone.
- 5 Things That Make The Datsun redi-GO Gold the most stylish hatchback
- Datsun redi-GO: Safety A Top Priority
- Datsun redi-GO 0.8L or 1.0L? Which one should you go for?
- Datsun redi-GO Interior: Practical Yet Premium
- Datsun redi-GO : The perfect car for our roads
- Renew Datsun redi-GO 2016-2020 Car Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)
0 out of 0 found this helpful