Mahindra ScorpioChange car
Key Specs of Mahindra Scorpio
|Mileage (upto)||16.36 kmpl|
|Engine (upto)||2609 cc|
Mahindra Scorpio variants and price: The Mahindra Scorpio is available in five variants: S3, S5, S7 120, S7 140 and the S11. Prices of the Scorpio start from Rs 9.99 lakh (base S3) and go up to Rs 16.39 lakh for the top-spec S11 4WD variant. To know which variant suits your needs, read our Mahindra Scorpio Variants Explained.
Mahindra Scorpio engine: The Scorpio can be had with two diesel engines: a 2.5-litre m2DICR 4-cylinder unit and a 2.2-litre mHawk motor. While the 2.5-litre engine makes 75PS of maximum power and 200Nm of peak torque, the latter is available in two different tunes: 120PS/280Nm and 140PS/320Nm. The 2.5-litre and standard 2.2-litre engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission, whereas the more powerful version of the 2.2-litre motor is coupled exclusively with a 6-speed manual transmission. The Scorpio is available with both two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive options.
Mahindra Scorpio features: On the features front, the Scorpio gets dual front airbags and ABS, which are offered on all variants except the base S3. Other features on offer include automatic projector headlamps with LED DRLs, electrically adjustable ORVMs, rain-sensing automatic wipers, automatic climate control, cruise control, 6-inch touchscreen infotainment system with CD, DVD, Bluetooth and Navigation, tilt adjustable steering with audio controls, rear parking camera with sensors and dynamic guidelines, tyre pressure monitoring system and a micro-hybrid system.
Mahindra Scorpio competition: To this day, the Tata Safari Storme remains the Scorpio’s arch-rival. It also competes with compact SUVs such as the Renault Duster and Captur, the Honda BR-V and the Hyundai Creta.
Mahindra Scorpio price list (Variants)
|Scorpio Getaway2609 cc, Manual, Diesel, 11.0 kmpl||Rs.8.69 Lakh*|
|Scorpio S32523 cc, Manual, Diesel, 15.4 kmpl||Rs.10.0 Lakh*|
|Scorpio Getaway 4WD2609 cc, Manual, Diesel, 9.0 kmpl||Rs.9.68 Lakh*|
|Scorpio S52179 cc, Manual, Diesel, 16.36 kmpl||Rs.11.89 Lakh*|
|Scorpio S7 1202179 cc, Manual, Diesel, 16.36 kmpl||Rs.12.99 Lakh*|
|Scorpio S7 1402179 cc, Manual, Diesel, 16.36 kmpl||Rs.13.29 Lakh*|
|Scorpio S112179 cc, Manual, Diesel, 16.36 kmpl||Rs.15.12 Lakh*|
|Scorpio S11 4WD2179 cc, Manual, Diesel, 16.36 kmpl||Rs.16.34 Lakh*|
- Diesel Version
Must read articles before buying Mahindra Scorpio
Mahindra Scorpio User Reviews
- Very Good413
- Latest Reviews
- Most Helpful Reviews
I bought Mahindra Scorpio S-11 two months back, fantastic car, rough & tough engine as...
- 18 Likes
- 3 Dislikes
I have recently bought a Mahindra Scorpio S3 2WD, Number UP61A J2689 and within 3 months o...
- 30 Likes
- 16 Dislikes
I have been driving Mahindra Scorpio for quite some time now, and for me, the best thing a...
- 16 Likes
- 2 Dislikes
Purchased the car exactly two years back and I am sharing my story. Though I am not an exp...
- 7 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
Fifteen years is a long time for a car especially in India to continue the legacy. Where c...
- 7 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
Look and Style: Looks wise I would give it a thumbs up but that s only when I compare it t...
- 152 Likes
- 44 Dislikes
Exterior Looks are at once discretion, & is a individuals perseption hence no comments...
- 82 Likes
- 34 Dislikes
I recently got a chance to drive Mahindra Scorpio in an off-road rally and would say the e...
- 63 Likes
- 16 Dislikes
I own a Scorpo SLX 2004 model with 2.6L engine, still in perfect condition. Look and Style...
- 50 Likes
- 21 Dislikes
Lets us see how Scorpio is the perfect combination of power, looks and comfort. Engine: P...
- 33 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
Compare Mahindra Scorpio with similar cars - Compare Cars
Expert Review of Mahindra Scorpio
Things We Like in Scorpio
- With a starting price of Rs 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the Scorpio is on of the most affordable 7-seater SUVs in the country
- The Mahindra Scorpio commands loads of road presence, aggressive styling and an abuse-friendly structure.
- Despite being an SUV, the Scorpio offers great city driveability thanks to the light clutch and the 2.2-litre mHawk engine that offers a good amount of low-end torque.
- Unlike many of its rivals, the Scorpio comes with proper shift on fly 4WD system.
Things We Don't Like in Scorpio
- The option of 4WD is limited to the top-spec S11 variant which feels a bit overpriced for the equipment it offers.
- Being a body on ladder frame SUV, the Scorpio’s ride quality is bumpy and has a fair amount of body roll. This means long distance travel in the Scorpio would be a bit uneasy for the rear passengers.
- Poor ergonomic: the storage door packets are almost impossible to access with doors shut and it is a similar issue with driver seat height adjuster.
- The fit and finish quality on the Scorpio is not up to the mark. Even the faux leather upholstery offered in the top-spec S11 variant does not feel upmarket.
Stand Out Features
Navigation System: The Scorpio’s navigation system offers 10 language support. That means, no matter in which part of the country you buy the Scorpio in, the Mahindra SUV has got you covered.
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System: The Scorpio is the only SUV in its class to offer this feature. It is a small but a nifty feature which allows you to keep a track of your tyre pressure levels.
Cruise Control: To make highway commuting more comfortable, the Scorpio gets cruise control. When activated, it maintains the required speed without any accelerator input from the driver.
Mahindra Scorpio Mileage
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
The claimed ARAI mileage: Mahindra Scorpio Diesel is 16.36 kmpl.
Mahindra Scorpio Images and Videos
- 7:55Mahindra Scorpio Quick Review | Pros, Cons and Should You Buy One
- 15:162014 New Mahindra Scorpio | Video Review India
- 7:02014 Mahindra Scorpio | Know Your Car - Interiors & Exteriors
- 6:172014 Mahindra Scorpio :: Review :: ZigWheels
- 10:372014 Mahindra Scorpio | First Drive Video Review
- 3:562014 Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme | Comparison Test | Autocar India
- 8:42015 Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Nissan Terrano - Mahindra Videos
- 14:5Mighty Mahindra Scorpio returns in new generation
Mahindra Scorpio News
Save BIG by buying a Used Car
- Used Mahindra Scorpio
- Similarly Priced
Almost New Mahindra ScorpioDriven for less than 2 years and 25000 km
Starting at Rs. 10 Lakh
Certified Mahindra Scorpio
Starting at Rs. 8.6 Lakh
Budget Mahindra ScorpioFind Mahindra Scorpio at lowest prices in your city
Starting at Rs. 2.5 Lakh
All Used CarsFind the car of your choice with best offers
Starting at Rs. 27,000
- Total Loan AmountRs.0
- Payable AmountRs.0
- You’ll pay extraRs.0
Calculated on Ex-Showroom priceRs. /month
On Mahindra Scorpio :- Get Cash Discount u...
Trending Mahindra Cars