Key Specs of Tata Harrier
The Harrier is Tata’s upcoming five-seater SUV that is expected to go on sale by April 2019. Likely to be priced in the range of Rs 12 lakh to 18 lakh, the Harrier is expected to rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Renault Duster and Jeep Compass. It is based on Tata Motor’s new OMEGA (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced) architecture and features its latest Impact 2.0 design philosophy. Under the hood, we expect the Harrier to be powered by the same 2.0-litre Multijet engine that powers the Jeep Compass. There is no clarity on whether it will be available with a petrol engine or not.
Tata Harrier models
Must read articles before buying Tata Harrier
Expert Review of Tata Harrier
Things We Like in Harrier
- Judging by the current crop of Tata cars, the Harrier is also expected to offer a long equipment list.
- The Harrier is expected to get 4WD as optional. That will make it one of the few SUVs in the Rs 10 lakh-20 lakh bracket to offer the same.
- The upcoming SUV from Tata borrows its platform from the Discovery Sport, which is underpinned by Jaguar Land Rover’s renowned and proven D8 architecture.
- Just like other modern Tata cars like the Tiago, Tigor and Nexon, the Harrier is also expected to be priced aggressively.
- As the the Harrier is expected to retain 80 per cent of the design elements from the H5X, we think it will have a good road presence.
- Along with the standard Harrier, which is a five-seater, Tata might also launch the 7-seater version of the new SUV to take on the likes of the Mahindra Scorpio and Honda BR-V.
Things We Don't Like in Harrier
- Due to its older models, Tata lacks the trust and brand value in the premium passenger car space.
- Tata has certainly come a long way when it comes to fit and finish of its vehicles. However, it still lacks behind other carmakers in the segment.
- Where most manufacturers have begun focussing on petrol engines to meet future emission norms, a petrol-powered Harrier is yet to be confirmed.
Tata Harrier Mileage
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
Tata Harrier Images and Videos
Tata Harrier News
Popular Upcoming Cars
- PortofinoRs. 3.5 Cr*Expected Launch: Jul 19, 2018
- Jazz 2018Rs. 6.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jul 19, 2018
- CompassRs. 15.35 - 24.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jul 31, 2018
- Ertiga 2018Rs. 9.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 05, 2018
- Ciaz 2018Rs. 9.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 06, 2018
- LevanteRs. 1.49 - 2.2 Cr*Expected Launch: Aug 12, 2018