Latest update: Latest spy images of the Tata Harrier reveal its dashboard layout. It will get the floating touchscreen infotainment system that we've seen on the H5X Concept as well. Check out the spy images here.
The Harrier will be a five-seater SUV that will go on sale in India by April 2019. It is likely to be priced in the range of Rs 12 lakh to 18 lakh. So it will be a competition for SUVs like Hyundai Creta and Renault Duster on the one end and Jeep Compass on the other.
The Harrier is based on Tata Motor’s OMEGA (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced) architecture and features its latest Impact 2.0 design philosophy. Under the hood, we expect the Harrier to be powered by the same 2.0-litre Multijet engine that powers the Jeep Compass. There is no clarity on whether it will be available with a petrol engine or not.
Tata Harrier News
Tata Harrier Images and Videos
- 2:112019 Tata Harrier (aka Tata H5X): All We Know So Far | #In2Mins | CarDekho.com
- 2:10Tata H5X is now Harrier : Auto Expo 2018 : PowerDrift
- 3:28Tata 45X @ Auto Expo 2018 : PowerDrift
Tata Harrier models
- Diesel Version
Must read articles before buying Tata Harrier
Expert Review of Tata Harrier
Things We Like in Harrier
- Judging by the current crop of Tata cars, the Harrier is also expected to offer a long equipment list.
- The Harrier is expected to get 4WD as optional. That will make it one of the few SUVs in the Rs 10 lakh-20 lakh bracket to offer the same.
- The upcoming SUV from Tata borrows its platform from the Discovery Sport, which is underpinned by Jaguar Land Rover’s renowned and proven D8 architecture.
- Just like other modern Tata cars like the Tiago, Tigor and Nexon, the Harrier is also expected to be priced aggressively.
- As the the Harrier is expected to retain 80 per cent of the design elements from the H5X, we think it will have a good road presence.
- Along with the standard Harrier, which is a five-seater, Tata might also launch the 7-seater version of the new SUV to take on the likes of the Mahindra Scorpio and Honda BR-V.
Things We Don't Like in Harrier
- Due to its older models, Tata lacks the trust and brand value in the premium passenger car space.
- Tata has certainly come a long way when it comes to fit and finish of its vehicles. However, it still lacks behind other carmakers in the segment.
- Where most manufacturers have begun focussing on petrol engines to meet future emission norms, a petrol-powered Harrier is yet to be confirmed.
Trending Tata Cars
Other Upcoming Cars
- Toyota C-HRRs.17.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 06, 2020
- Kia SportageRs.15.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jan 01, 2020
- Kia SP ConceptRs.15.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Sep 15, 2019
- MG RX5Rs.14.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 06, 2019
- Mitsubishi Eclipse CrossRs.18.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: May 05, 2020
- Mahindra XUV AeroRs.17.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Feb 12, 2020