The Ioniq 5, Hyundai's Upcoming Electric Vehicle, Was Spotted Testing On Indian Roads
The test mule was spied testing in Chennai, launch later this year
- The all-electric Ioniq 5 has been spotted once more, with clues of its design elements visible through its profile.
- Hyundai's upcoming electric vehicle will compete with the Kia EV6 and Volvo XC40 Recharge.
- Hyundai's E-GMP platform serves as the foundation for the IONIQ 5.
- Unlike the Kia EV6, it is rumoured to be locally assembled in India.
- Expected to be launched by the end of 2022.
The electric car industry in India is gaining popularity among buyers, and as a result, Hyundai is planning to launch its Ioniq 5 EV in India later this year. The Ioniq 5 will be Hyundai's second EV offering, following the Kona Electric. The Ioniq 5 was recently spotted testing on Chennai roads, providing us a peek of its side profile and hinting at its impending release.
The Ioniq 5 in India will look identical to the model sold overseas. It has a sleek silhouette and sharp lines featuring a neo-retro design.
Battery & Performance
Internationally, the Ioniq 5 is available with two battery pack options: standard and long range.Its four powertrain options are a 325 PS electric motor with an optional AWD drivetrain, standard 235PS AWD, long range 229PS 2WD, and 170PS standard 2WD. In India, we still don't have any confirmation on the powertrain options, but Hyundai should offer the optional AWD like Kia EV6.
The 350kW DC charger is capable of charging the Ioniq 5 from 0 to 80 percent in under 18 minutes, while the smaller 50kW DC takes 43.5 minutes to recharge the smaller battery pack, and around 56.6 minutes to level up the larger battery pack.
Features to Expect
The car will have dual 12.3-inch infotainment integrated screens, a panoramic sunroof, heads-up display, and an ADAS system. It will also include a V2L (Vehicle 2 Load) feature, which will help meet your supplementary power requirements.
Expected Price & Rivals:
Note: The battery and charging info displayed is for the international model of Ioniq 5, which may vary in India.
- Loan Against Car - Get upto ₹25 Lakhs in cash
0 out of 0 found this helpful