Engine Care Is Car Care
An engine to the car is much like the heart to the body. The engine then understandably, needs utmost attention and care. Inadequate engine care by car owners leads to a quicker wear out with the vehicle failing to complete its estimated life span.
Here are some simple tips to prevent damages to your car engine:
- Remember to change the oil at regular intervals as oil keeps the parts of the engine well lubricated and prevents overheating. Long gaps in oil change may cause permanent damage to the engine. Also ensure you use a high grade oil rather than settling for a cheap quality that may not help your engine to function at its optimum capacity.
- Every time you change oil, clean up the air filter as well, as it prevents dirt and other junk from entering the engine.
- Keeping a check on the cooling system i.e. radiator, thermostat, water pump and coolant is important as well. The thermostat which is a control device senses the temperature of the vehicle. Water pump on the other hand, sucks the coolant and circulates it from the radiator to various engine parts to maintain an optimum temperature. The proper functioning of these parts is important to prevent overheating; which can damage the engine and reduce its lifespan.
- Periodically checking that oil is not leaking from any part of the engine is also a must. The ideal way is to lift the hood and check if you see or smell any leakage from the engine. You must also keep a tab on the condition of the 'belts' as it is responsible for running the fan, water pump, alternator and air conditioner's compressor.
- Other things to keep in mind are, to replace fuel filters on regular intervals; change the spark plug and wires, and not let your car run out of fuel. Because, cars running on low fuel for a long time cause great wear and tear to the engine.
- Also be vigilant with repairs. If you hear strange sounds or knocks from your engine, take it quickly for inspection. Neglecting such signs early on can prove costly later.
- Lastly, it is important to check if your car insurance policy includes the engine under its cover. Avail such add-ons to provide for the ease of repairing or replacing engine parts in case of damage.
Good engine care is good car care so implement these basic steps and keep your engine going!
- Renew Hyundai EON Car Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)
0 out of 0 found this helpful