Harrier Latest Update
Tata Harrier Booking and Launch: Tata’s new Harrier SUV will be revealed in the flesh, next month. The launch is, however, is scheduled for early 2019 and we expect it to be sometime in January, 2019. However, potential customers can make a booking for a sum of Rs 30,000 to get their hands on a Harrier soon after the launch. At the time of launch, we expect Tata to price the Harrier between Rs 13.5 lakh to Rs 19 lakh (ex-showroom estimates).
Tata Harrier Powertrain: The Harrier will come with a 2.0-litre turbocharged, 4-cylinder diesel engine underneath the bonnet that will be tuned to produce roughly 140PS. It will channel power to the driven wheels via a six-speed MT; an automatic option is also expected. Just like the Hexa, Tata’s Harrier will come driving modes that are married to terrain response modes. This makes us hopeful that the Harrier will be available with a 4x4 set up, right from its launch. There is no word on a petrol engine as of now.
Tata Harrier Features: Many spy images of the Harrier have surfaced on the internet till datetill date and Tata has even revealed some images of the production-spec SUV. We can say with conviction that it will be offered with a floating touchscreen infotainment system, LED projector headlamps, rear parking camera, cooled storage compartment under the front armrest and dedicated smartphone slots for rear passengers. However, Tata will not offer a sunroof on any variant of the Harrier. The original H5X concept that we saw at the 2018 Auto Expo, on which the Harrier is based, had a panoramic sunroof.
Tata Harrier News
We expect deliveries of the Harrier to start in January 2019. Bookings are open already
Sources tell us Tata has put in a lot of thought even in the small details inside the car
Tata is expected to announce the prices of the Harrier in January 2019
The base price might, however, undercut the Jeep Compass by some margin
Tata Motors has begun accepting bookings for the Harrier, which is expected to be launched in January 2019
Tata Harrier Videos
- 2019 Tata Harrier (aka Tata H5X): All We Know So Far | #In2Mins | CarDekho.comSep 05, 2018
- Tata H5X is now Harrier : Auto Expo 2018 : PowerDriftSep 05, 2018
- Tata 45X @ Auto Expo 2018 : PowerDriftSep 05, 2018
Tata Harrier Price
- Diesel Version
Expert Review of Tata Harrier
Things We Like in Harrier
- Judging by the current crop of Tata cars, the Harrier is also expected to offer a long equipment list.
- The Harrier is expected to get 4WD as optional. That will make it one of the few SUVs in the Rs 10 lakh-20 lakh bracket to offer the same.
- The upcoming SUV from Tata borrows its platform from the Discovery Sport, which is underpinned by Jaguar Land Rover’s renowned and proven D8 architecture.
- Just like other modern Tata cars like the Tiago, Tigor and Nexon, the Harrier is also expected to be priced aggressively.
- As the the Harrier is expected to retain 80 per cent of the design elements from the H5X, we think it will have a good road presence.
- Along with the standard Harrier, which is a five-seater, Tata might also launch the 7-seater version of the new SUV to take on the likes of the Mahindra Scorpio and Honda BR-V.
Things We Don't Like in Harrier
- Due to its older models, Tata lacks the trust and brand value in the premium passenger car space.
- Tata has certainly come a long way when it comes to fit and finish of its vehicles. However, it still lacks behind other carmakers in the segment.
- Where most manufacturers have begun focussing on petrol engines to meet future emission norms, a petrol-powered Harrier is yet to be confirmed.
Must read articles before buying Tata Harrier
The Tata Harrier is set to make quite a statement with its bold exterior design. But can it do the same when it comes to its feature list too?
Measuring 2740mm, the Tata Harrier’s wheelbase is even bigger than the 2018 Honda CR-V!
Latest news & car launches
Get Instant Notification