Citroen C5: Comfort A Top Priority
After redefining the meaning of comfort all across the world, Citroën is all set to win over Indian buyers with its C5 Aircross SUV
French automaker Citroën is known the world over for its customer customer-centric approach. It makes one of the best looking cars which delivers unmatchable comfort and convenience to occupants. Citroën is now planning to enter the Indian market and is getting itself thoroughly acquainted with the preferences of Indian buyers. To that end, Citroën has commissioned research and found that a staggering 92% of Indians feel uncomfortable in their daily commute to work. The survey was conducted across 10 cities on 1801 respondents belonging to a diverse range of age, gender, and other demographics.
The analysis of the collected data further reveals that 92% of females and 91% of males feel uncomfortable driving to work. This discomfort manifests in terms of backache, neck ache, and a host of other types of postural pains that 49% of respondents experienced, as revealed by the survey. Also, 70% of respondents complained about the lack of storage and stowage spaces that specifically irate them during the log drives. Another important finding of the study is that 59% of respondents consider a pliant suspension, comfortable seating, and access to features some of the most important criterias impacting their buying decision.
Equipped with all these insights, Citroën is now readying its first product, the C5 Aircross SUV, for the Indian market. The launch is expected to take place soon this year and the SUV will feature the company’s globally acclaimed “Unique Comfort” Signature features. The C5 Aircross SUV will embody Citroën Advanced Comfort® Programme that promises to offer the following unique benefits to Indian buyers:
1) Flying Carpet Effect: The C5 Aircross will feature a Progressive Hydraulic Cushion suspension system that works exceptionally well in filtering out dips and undulations on the road. The suspension contains two hydraulic stops (one for compression and one for rebound) and the system adapts itself to changes in the terrain and road conditions. As a result, occupants get superior comfort and an absolutely jerk-free journey experience.
2) Comfortable and Practical Cabin: An acoustic windscreen and front window glasses in the C5 Aircross SUV take the comfort factor to a different level altogether. This coupled with memory foam seats (for reduced strains) and three fully adjustable and reclining rear seats make sure that you will never run out of options. Further, the fully fold-flat feature of the rear seats makes way for cavernous, class-leading boot space that’s ready to swallow all the luggage you can throw inside.
3) Panoramic Sunroof: The large panoramic sunroof in C5 Aircross SUV offers a relaxing outside view while equipping the cabin with an airier and brighter feel. This also complements the spacious feel of the cabin and adds to the appeal of the SUV.
4) Vault-like Safety: The C5 Aircross SUV employs innovative safety technologies such as the Grip Control system offers superior safety to customers. In addition, the blind-spot monitoring system with park assist helps the driver park with only the accelerator and brake while the steering operations are handled by the SUV itself.
5) Features and Equipment: Scoring high on the equipment list, the Citroën C5 Aircross will feature a large 12.3” digital driver display system; engine start and stop; an 8-inch touch screen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and phone mirroring; and an electric tailgate (foot-operated). An 8-speed automatic gearbox handles the transmission duties and features shift and park wire control for smooth and fuel-efficient drives.
With Citroën putting customers’ comfort at the centre of its product-development approach, Indian consumers will soon get a chance to own a truly world-class brand. The C5 Aircross will be the company’s first product off the blocks and is destined to set the tone for the brand’s future in India.
1 out of 1 found this helpful