Key Specs of Renault Duster
|Mileage (upto)||19.87 kmpl|
|Engine (upto)||1498 cc|
Duster Latest Update
Latest update: Renault has stopped production of the 85PS diesel variant of the Duster and is no longer accepting bookings for the same. As a result, there is now only the 110PS diesel model on offer which is only available in the RXZ top-spec variant.
Renault has dropped the prices of the Duster by over a lakh owing to increased localisation. The 2018 Duster petrol range now start at Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom) while the diesel now starts at Rs 11.79 lakh.
Renault has also taken wraps off the thoroughly updated 2018 Duster compact SUV. Compared to its Dacia counterpart, the new Renault Duster gets aesthetic updates inside-out and additional goodies. Check out the detailed info and pictures here.
The French carmaker has taken the wraps off the updated Duster at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. In its updated form, the Duster features a bunch of cosmetic updates. At the front, there’s a new chrome-plated grille, three-barrel headlamps with DRLs, sporty crease lines on the bonnet and a larger skid plate. Move to the sides and the refreshed Duster reveals its higher belt line, new aluminium roof bars, newly styled 17-inch alloy wheels, blacked-out wing arch and the more steeply raked windscreen that has been moved forward by 100mm. At the rear, the changes are subtle but make the Duster even more striking. There’s a wider skid plate with a satin-chrome finish and the company’s signature rear lighting - four red stacked squares.
In India, the refreshed Duster is expected to carry the same set of engine-gearbox combinations as the current model when it launches later this year.
Renault Duster price list (Variants)
|Duster 85PS Diesel RxE1461 cc, Manual, Diesel, 19.87 kmpl||Rs.9.09 Lakh*|
|Duster 110PS Diesel RxS AMT1461 cc, Automatic, Diesel, 19.87 kmpl||Rs.11.79 Lakh*|
|Duster 85PS Diesel RxS1461 cc, Manual, Diesel, 19.87 kmpl||Rs.9.95 Lakh*|
|Duster 85PS Diesel RxZ1461 cc, Manual, Diesel, 19.87 kmpl||Rs.10.89 Lakh*|
|Duster 110PS Diesel RxZ1461 cc, Manual, Diesel, 19.6 kmpl||Rs.11.79 Lakh*|
|Duster 110PS Diesel RxZ AMT1461 cc, Automatic, Diesel, 19.6 kmpl||Rs.12.33 Lakh*|
|Duster 110PS Diesel RxZ AWD1461 cc, Manual, Diesel, 19.72 kmpl||Rs.12.79 Lakh*|
|Duster 1.5 Petrol RXE1498 cc, Manual, Petrol, 14.19 kmpl||Rs.7.99 Lakh*|
|Duster 1.5 Petrol RXL1498 cc, Manual, Petrol, 14.19 kmpl|
|Duster Petrol RXS1498 cc, Manual, Petrol, 14.99 kmpl||Rs.9.09 Lakh*|
|Duster Petrol RXS CVT1498 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 14.99 kmpl||Rs.9.99 Lakh*|
- All Version
- Diesel Version
- Petrol Version
Expert Review of Renault Duster
- Comfort & Convenience99
- Safety & Security80
Things We Like in Duster
- Diesel motor (especially in the 110PS variant) can munch miles for ages. Complements the Duster’s go-anywhere nature to the T.
- Has good road presence. Looks like a scaled down SUV rather than a blown up hatchback.
- Available in an AWD (All wheel drive) variant. The Creta, Ecosport and other crossovers are offered only in FWD (Front Wheel Drive).
Things We Don't Like in Duster
- The cabin feels dated in terms of materials. Ergonomic issues = central locking button, mirror adjustment knobs etc. placed in unconventional locations.
- The design is ageing. With a host of fresh offering from the competition, the car is crying out for an update.
- Can seat a maximum of 5 people comfortably. Other full-size SUVs can seat 7. While the duster is offered with a jump seat, they are not very useful.
- Petrol engine feels out of breath quickly, not the most fuel efficient either.
Stand Out Features
Only compact SUV to feature AWD. Neither the Creta nor the Terrano offer a 4WD variant.
Features India’s only 6-speed AMT. It is the first AMT in India to be paired with features like cruise control and hill assist.
Space. The cabin is roomy & offers an enormous boot of 475 liters.
Renault Duster Comparison with similar cars - Compare Cars
Must read articles before buying Renault Duster
The thoroughly updated 2018 Duster irons out a few wrinkles in the earlier avatar’s packaging with added safety features and extra goodies!
Like the previous model, the thoroughly updated 2018 Duster gets just a 3-star rating in the stringent than ever Euro NCAP crash tests
Renault Duster User Reviews
Rate the Car
- Latest Reviews
- Most Helpful Reviews
Now in 5 years of continuous use of Renault Duster, I have never faced any problem with this car. I just have to get it filled with fuel and turn on the key. AC is still ...
I had booked one of the Renault cars Duster in July with Renault's Kolkata dealer against Booking ref No is 238 & had paid a booking amount of Rs.50,000. The deal...
I recently bought the Renault Duster AMT and I am very much happy with it. It is very convenient in the city as there are no gears and clutch. It has an AMT gearbox which...
Mileage of Renault Duster
The claimed ARAI mileage: Renault Duster Diesel is 19.87 kmpl | Renault Duster Petrol is 14.99 kmpl. The claimed ARAI mileage for the automatic variants: Renault Duster Diesel is 19.87 kmpl | Renault Duster Petrol is 14.99 kmpl.
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
Renault Duster Videos
- 3:252016 Renault Duster AMT | First Drive | CarDekho.comMar 21, 2016
- 6:542015 Renault Duster AWD | Expert Review | CarDekho.comMar 21, 2016
- 4:9Renault Duster | Review of Features | CarDekho.comMar 21, 2016
- 12:54Duster vs Creta - The Perfect SUV Face-off | CarDekho.comMar 21, 2016
- 6:59Renault Duster Vs Ford Ecosport | Comparison Review | CarDekho.comMar 21, 2016
- 2:18#first2expo | 2016 Renault Duster | Showcase Video | CarDekho@AutoExpo2016Mar 21, 2016
- 6:232016 Renault Duster :: Diesel Automatic :: Video Review : ZigWheels IndiaApr 04, 2016
- 5:62014 Renault Duster AWD Review - ZigwheelsMar 21, 2016
Renault Duster Images and Colours
Renault Duster News
MY-2017 Captur is available with discounts of upto Rs 2 lakh!
The camp begins from 19th November and continues till 25th November 2018
Renault has no plans to plans to discontinue the Duster 85PS diesel as it plans to resume production soon. However, there’s no clear deadline
If the jerky AMTs are not to your tastes, here are some of the most affordable CVT-equipped cars you can have right now
Renault’s sister company, Dacia, has ruled out the possibility of a bigger Duster. But will a bigger or a 7-seat version of the popular compact SUV can be considered for India?
Save BIG by buying a Used Car
- Used Renault Duster
- Similarly Priced
- Total Loan AmountRs.0
- Payable AmountRs.0
- You’ll pay extraRs.0
Calculated on Ex-Showroom priceRs. /month
On Renault Duster :- Get Benefits up to Rs...
Renault Duster Price in India
|Mumbai||Rs. 9.46 - 15.57 Lakh|
|Bangalore||Rs. 9.67 - 16.01 Lakh|
|Chennai||Rs. 9.43 - 15.71 Lakh|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 9.53 - 15.52 Lakh|
|Pune||Rs. 9.64 - 15.84 Lakh|
|Kolkata||Rs. 9.05 - 14.51 Lakh|
|Kochi||Rs. 9.03 - 14.83 Lakh|
Trending Renault Cars