Tata Harrier Expert Review
- Judging by the current crop of Tata cars, the Harrier is also expected to offer a long equipment list.
- The Harrier is expected to get 4WD as optional. That will make it one of the few SUVs in the Rs 10 lakh-20 lakh bracket to offer the same.
- The upcoming SUV from Tata borrows its platform from the Discovery Sport, which is underpinned by Jaguar Land Rover’s renowned and proven D8 architecture.
- Just like other modern Tata cars like the Tiago, Tigor and Nexon, the Harrier is also expected to be priced aggressively.
- As the the Harrier is expected to retain 80 per cent of the design elements from the H5X, we think it will have a good road presence.
- Along with the standard Harrier, which is a five-seater, Tata might also launch the 7-seater version of the new SUV to take on the likes of the Mahindra Scorpio and Honda BR-V.
- Due to its older models, Tata lacks the trust and brand value in the premium passenger car space.
- Tata has certainly come a long way when it comes to fit and finish of its vehicles. However, it still lacks behind other carmakers in the segment.
- Where most manufacturers have begun focussing on petrol engines to meet future emission norms, a petrol-powered Harrier is yet to be confirmed.