Worst experience of my life - After booking

By for Tata Zest 2014-10-15 15:25:00.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Cheap

Cons : Poor sales and services

Overall Experience: Booking Tata Zest worst decision of my life I needed a car urgently. I had taken several test drives, and almost confirm Chevrolet Sail then I saw Tata Zest. Car looks good (not as good a Sail) but have all the safety feature I wanted and it also costs less than the Sail so visited the SA and ask about expected delivery date. She told me that she can give me a car within 7 days.  At that time Tata had not announced any waiting time so I believed her. I asked about this car to my friends and my relative, And  all people I know warned me about Tata's poor sales and services, poor quality and low resale value. But I did not listen them and thought that Tata has changed and I should give them a chance. So I booked the car on 23 Aug from Raghuvanshi Motors, Delhi and applied for car loan which was dispersed in 3 days. They got the cheque of loan amount and booking amount. After that day their behaviour starts changing. After 7 days when I enquire about my car, SA told that they did not receive any car ZEST XMS RT yet and Tata has declared 4 weeks waiting period for XMS, so you will receive your car after 3 weeks (20 Sep). On 20 September when again enquired about my car she again give me 7 days to wait.  When even after 7 October I did not got any written expected date of delivery I sent an email to Tata customer care. After 2 days they called me and also sent me an email giving me confirm date of delivery on 18 October.  On 14 October I visited Tata Motor showroom because I wanted to talk with the insurance guy, and saw a Tata Zest xms rt which was dispatched for me by Tata is given to another customer which has booked just a few days ago. I complaint but they assured me again that they will give me delivery of my car on 18 so I have to wait just for 4 days more so did not mind much. But on 15 when I called them they told me that they can't give me any delivery in next 15 days. This was shocking. Previously, they had confirmed that your car has been dispatched by Tata and you are getting delivery by 18. This assured me that they don't want to give me delivery of my car, and they have given my car to another customer. I don't know what extra money that customer payed them for this. Today after 7 weeks of frustration, anger, tension, wasting time and money I have decided that I will cancel my booking and never ever deal again with Tata. Their car my look cheap & best but they cost you your important happy movements of life.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this February
  • cardekho.com |16 Oct,2014 08:34:24 AM

At that moment you should have canceled your booking and look for a authorized dealer,.

• Sridhar |23 Oct,2014 01:37:47 PM

I am also having the same experience. I have booked my TATA ZEST XT [Red] on 08/08 and experiencing the same problem. Initially cocncord motors hyd told me they will give me the vehicle by Dasara, that didnot happen and they promised [200% assurance] me deliver the vehicle by Deevali and so far no tentative data on my car delivery date. They couldn't able to give the approximate time as well. Looks like, TATA is failing to deliver the vehicle to customers. May be its because of failure in ZESt..

• ramu |23 Oct,2014 03:13:31 PM

I am also having the same experience. I have booked my TATA ZEST XE [blue] on 03/08 and experiencing the same problem. KHT motors bangalore told that they will give me the vehicle by Dasara, that didnot happen and they promised [200% assurance] me deliver the vehicle by Deevali and so far no tentative data on my car delivery date. They couldn't able to give the approximate time as well. Looks like, TATA is failing to deliver the vehicle to customers. May be its because of failure in ZEST..

• James |24 Oct,2014 02:43:12 PM

This has helped me a lot to withheld my decision of going in for this car.

shad |11 Feb,2015 10:02:25 PM

Yes Mr James go for xcent. It is simply awesome. A value for your money. Looks, style, design, performance is far more exceptional. U will really love it from first day onwards I challenge

• roshan |26 Oct,2014 07:47:44 PM

After looking at all options i had rated TATA ZEST as my first choice if the test drive was good. I had put forward the request for test drive 2 weeks back & no one turned up. After 2 weeks i received a call for test drive & understand that ihave booked Amaze they just hung up the phone with even a single word or apology. Today FORD representative call me & was at my door step in an hour for the test drive even knowing that i have booked the car. I am in the field of automotive design & knowing TATA for a long time its really pity to see that how good you make a car your service gonna let you down. People still dont trust the brand..........i believe for above reasons.

• Santosh |27 Oct,2014 10:40:41 AM

I am also facing the same experience. I have booked my TATA ZEST XMS [Dune Beige] on 20/08 and experiencing the same problem. Initially cocncord motors, Pune told me they will give me the vehicle by Dasara, that didnot happen and they promised and given assurance me deliver the vehicle by Deevali and so far no tentative data on my car delivery date. They couldn't able to give the approximate time as well. Looks like, TATA is failing to deliver the vehicle to customers. May be its because of failure in ZESt or what? One thing is true that their car looks cheap & best but they cost our important happy movements of life.

• nitesh bagade |17 Nov,2014 07:47:57 PM

I booked Tata Zest XT (Petrol) Model on 30th Oct 2014, At the time of booking sales man gives me guaranty that he will give me the Car on or before 5th Dec 2014. So I go ahead and booked the car without any delay. And now after 15 days when i call him regarding the status he told me that there is delay in delivery. So its not possible to deliver the Car on 5th Dec 2014, it will take another 15-20 days to deliver the car. I don't understand if they were not able to give the car on committed date why they have committed that they will give the car on the date. I also logged a complaint regarding this with Tata Motors customer care, they told me that they will call me within 48 hrs. I logged the complaint on 15th Nov 2.41 PM,Its more then 48hrs now I am still waiting for reply no reply from tata motors. Its totally wast of time to take a follow-up of your complaint because i think they don't care about customer problems .Whats the use of customer care if they are not able to solve the customer problems. I am going to cancel the order ,if they don't provide the car on committed date.

• nagarjuna |22 Nov,2014 03:23:00 PM

At present I own Swift Ldi (2000 model) dieseL and looking to change vehicle ,have been going through all the available options.Amaze seems to be better but for the engine noise . ok leave it. TATA should seriously consider customer feel good factor , after so much research no company received as MANY negative remarks as TATA. This discussion opened my eyes and have decided not to go for TATA. Being Indian and being truly Indian car its a pity on TATA ,and they should not build a decent car but also should decent customer service and value.T Thank you all for your valuable experiences . HOPE TATA IS HEARING THIS

• dayal |02 Dec,2014 09:35:50 PM

I also faced poor sales and services with the tata motor

• dhir |11 Jan,2015 06:06:33 PM

I am facing same issue with Aadya motors (ebony automobiles ) bangalore. booked my Car on 18th Dec and they promised to deliver car by year end or max first week of Jan but still waiting and every time i call they ask for 2 more day. got call 3 days back from that i need to pay now 26,000 more although earlier they confirmed that my car have been punched before price hike. pathetic service just trying to fool customer. Tata need to improve a lot and tight knot around there dealers.

• shad |11 Feb,2015 09:57:57 PM

If u had the option of desire, amaze, xcent then why did you go for tata zest. Every citizen in india knows that tata is good for nothing cars. The steering is as hard as a rock the style is as simple as an old ambassador and aftr sales & service is worst

ishwar |15 Oct,2015 07:38:33 PM

I think you havent tasted zest brother.........

• nandkishore |14 Feb,2015 03:16:51 PM

Absolutely true.... Worst sales and services. .

• abhijeet |08 Mar,2015 10:31:50 AM

What I saw here is - Not a single comment on performance of the car. Everybody is complaining abut the services of the dealer or seller. Why dealers' incapacity is charged and loaded to the manufacturer? All I seen is - negative comments and thinking. Good Wishes!

jit |14 Mar,2015 09:48:41 PM

I agree with you

• nazimuddin |15 Mar,2015 08:39:40 PM

I also decide to buy zest. But worrying about same position. So I can't make courage to book new one.

• dsfsdf |16 Mar,2015 12:53:10 PM

I've heard from genuine sources, that the order counts have actually gone up quite high... Tata is having a hard time supplying the demand ... infact this is the same scenario with other vendors... Celerio too faces the same issue... Customers were damn angry .... even worse was for the AMT... 6 months of waiting minimums and too haphazard !!

• prithu |23 May,2015 09:04:05 AM

Dear you are right,after sale service is very poor, they need to improve a lot.

• kiran |09 Jun,2015 11:08:28 AM

Tata bring back the founder ethics of ur company for today's customers. Ur's will become a proud Indian company

• samiksh |14 Jul,2015 07:24:00 PM

Better than other cars at good pricing

• jay limani |29 Jul,2015 11:12:44 PM

This fault is act of dealer

• puneet sharma |28 Aug,2015 05:45:27 PM

you r absolutely right i also suffer

• Anish Kumar |01 Feb,2016 07:36:49 PM

BEST SEDAN EVER UNDER THIS PRICE SEGMENT AND THIS CAR CAN BEAT 10 LAKH PRICED CAR ALSO. HANDS UP GUYS ,NICE WORK