Key Specs of Hyundai Verna
|Mileage (upto)||24.75 kmpl|
|Engine (upto)||1591 cc|
|Boot Space||480 Liters|
Verna Latest Update
Latest Update: Hyundai has launched two new variants of the Verna - the SX+ AT petrol and SX(O) AT diesel, both with an automatic gearbox. The carmaker has also introduced a 1.4-litre diesel engine to the lineup as well. Read more on this here.
Hyundai Verna Variants & Price:The Hyundai Verna is available in five variants: E, EX, SX, SX+ and SX(O). The base E variant with a petrol engine is priced at Rs 7.92 lakh whereas the corresponding diesel variant costs Rs 9.29 lakh for diesel. The top-spec SX(O), on the other hand, is priced at Rs 12.68 lakh for the petrol version and Rs 13.99 lakh for diesel version.
Hyundai also offers a special anniversary edition of the Verna. The limited-run model is offered with a new colour, additional features and subtle cosmetic enhancements. More on this here.
Hyundai Verna Engine: The Hyundai Verna is available with four engine options: 1.4-litre petrol,1.4-litre diesel, 1.6-litre petrol and 1.6-litre diesel. The 1.4-litre petrol engine produces 100PS/132Nm, while the 1.6-litre petrol engine churns out 123PS/151Nm. Power figures for the 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre diesel engine stand at 90PS/220Nm and 128PS/259Nm, respectively. Both 1.6-litre engines are offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic gearbox, while the 1.4-litre engines are available only with a 6-speed MT.
Hyundai Verna Features: As far as features are concerned, the Verna gets automatic projector headlamps with LED daytime running lights (DRLs), electric sunroof, automatic climate control, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Mirrorlink, ventilated front seats, rear parking camera with sensors and dynamic guidelines and cruise control, among others.
In terms of safety, the Verna packs dual front airbags, ABS, front seatbelts with pretensioners and ISOFIX child seat anchors as standard, across the range. However, the top variant gets four additional airbags over standard equipment.
Hyundai Verna price list (Variants)
|Verna CRDi 1.4 E1396 cc, Manual, Diesel, 19.1 kmpl||Rs.9.29 Lakh*|
|Verna CRDi 1.4 EX1396 cc, Manual, Diesel, 19.1 kmpl||Rs.9.99 Lakh*|
|Verna CRDi 1.6 E1582 cc, Manual, Diesel, 24.75 kmpl||Rs.9.62 Lakh*|
|Verna CRDi 1.6 EX1582 cc, Manual, Diesel, 24.75 kmpl||Rs.10.44 Lakh*|
|Verna CRDi 1.6 SX1582 cc, Manual, Diesel, 24.75 kmpl||Rs.11.52 Lakh*|
|Verna CRDi 1.6 AT EX1582 cc, Automatic, Diesel, 21.02 kmpl||Rs.11.87 Lakh*|
|Verna Anniversary Edition Diesel1582 cc, Manual, Diesel, 24.75 kmpl||Rs.13.05 Lakh*|
|Verna CRDi 1.6 AT SX Option1582 cc, Automatic, Diesel, 24.75 kmpl||Rs.14.0 Lakh*|
|Verna CRDi 1.6 SX Option1582 cc, Manual, Diesel, 24.75 kmpl||Rs.12.94 Lakh*|
|Verna CRDi 1.6 AT SX Plus1582 cc, Automatic, Diesel, 21.02 kmpl||Rs.13.02 Lakh*|
|Verna VTVT 1.4 E1368 cc, Manual, Petrol, 19.1 kmpl||Rs.7.92 Lakh*|
|Verna VTVT 1.4 EX1368 cc, Manual, Petrol, 19.1 kmpl||Rs.9.22 Lakh*|
|Verna VTVT 1.6 SX1591 cc, Manual, Petrol, 17.7 kmpl|
|Verna VTVT 1.6 AT EX1591 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 15.92 kmpl||Rs.10.68 Lakh*|
|Verna Anniversary Edition Petrol1591 cc, Manual, Petrol, 17.7 kmpl||Rs.11.71 Lakh*|
|Verna VTVT 1.6 SX Option1591 cc, Manual, Petrol, 17.7 kmpl||Rs.11.54 Lakh*|
|Verna Anniversary Edition Petrol AT1591 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 15.92 kmpl||Rs.12.85 Lakh*|
|Verna VTVT 1.6 AT SX Option1591 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 15.92 kmpl||Rs.12.68 Lakh*|
|Verna VTVT 1.6 AT SX Plus1591 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 15.92 kmpl||Rs.11.52 Lakh*|
- All Version
- Diesel Version
- Petrol Version
Expert Review of Hyundai Verna
Things We Like in Verna
- Comfortable ride. The 2017 Verna stays stable as speeds pickup and through corners as well.
- The 2017 Verna's petrol and diesel engines offer easy driveability and good refinement. 6-speed AT available with both engines.
- The new Verna's standard safety kit includes dual front airbags, ABS and ISOFIX. Top-end variant gets 6 airbags.
- The new Verna offers premium build quality. Plastics and materials continue to set the benchmarks we expect from Hyundai.
- Unsurprisingly, the Hyundai Verna is feature loaded - Touchscreen with Android Auto and Apple Carplay, sunroof, ventilated seats, hands-free boot release.
Things We Don't Like in Verna
- The rear row in the new Verna doesn't impress. Average rear seat headroom and legroom for the size.
- The Hyundai Verna diesel AT is unavailable in range-topping SX (O) grade.
- Premium as the new Verna's interior is, its cabin design is a bit bland and lacks excitement.
- The standout features of the 2017 Verna are limited to the top-end variants. Base grade doesn't even get a head-unit or speakers.
Stand Out Features
Like the Elantra, the 2017 Hyundai Verna gets the hands-free boot access feature that allows easy boot access when your hands are full of luggage.
The electric sunroof makes the 2017 Verna feel airier. Also useful to dissipate heat in the summer.
Apart from projector headlights, the 2017 Hyundai Verna gets projector fog lights that improve low-level visibility through fog/mist/rains.
The new Verna is the only car in the segment to get ventilated front seats that help keep your back cool in our hot climate. No more sweat stains!
Opt for the SX or SX (O) variants and the 2017 Hyundai Verna gets a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink connectivity
Hyundai Verna Comparison with similar cars - Compare Cars
Must read articles before buying Hyundai Verna
The Hyundai Verna raises the bar once again in terms of features on offer like the outgoing version did when it was introduced in the mid-sized sedan space!
Does the Yaris have an edge over the feature-rich Verna? We compare their specs and features to find that out
Is the 2018 Ciaz capable enough of taking back the top spot in its segment? Let's find out
Hyundai Verna User Reviews
Rate the Car
- Latest Reviews
- Most Helpful Reviews
I was using a 2nd hand VW polo and wanted to go after a new car and this choice of Verna just blown my mind it has the perfect torque and the way this car pulls is just a...
Hello all! I got my car on 30th September 2017. The car was very good. before this, i was using 2014 Verna model. Compared to that car, total 44 new features have been ad...
It has been 20 days I am using this car. It is really a fun to drive this one both in city and highway. It is very easy to drive this one even in bumper to bumper traffic...
Please read if you plan to buy a Hyundai car I purchased a Fluidic Verna SXO diesel model in 2012. After running 21000 km, I observed that the gear was struck on reverse ...
My name is Vikas Mathur and I bought a Verna in December 2016. My model is 1.6 CRDI SX and it has been a pleasure to drive. The car has not asked for a lot of maintenance...
Hi,I took delivery of my Verna SX(O) on 22nd Sept 2017 and drove around 1400 KM since then, recently went from Pune to Goa, during the delivery of the car i was told that...
This is Anil from Noida. I bought CRDI 1.6 EX AT in April 2018. So far I have done 5000KM with City average of 16 to 18 and Highway average of 23. All hands down , VERNA ...
I always have had a habit of researching well before I purchase anything. The same applies to my car buying process. When I wanted to buy a new car, I went ahead surfing ...
Mileage of Hyundai Verna
The claimed ARAI mileage: Hyundai Verna Diesel is 24.75 kmpl | Hyundai Verna Petrol is 19.1 kmpl. The claimed ARAI mileage for the automatic variants: Hyundai Verna Diesel is 24.75 kmpl | Hyundai Verna Petrol is 15.92 kmpl.
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
Hyundai Verna Videos
- 10:572017 Hyundai Verna | Petrol and Diesel | First Drive Review | ZigWheels.comSep 27, 2017
- 4:38Hyundai Verna Hits & MissesSep 27, 2017
- 10:23Hyundai Verna vs Honda City vs Maruti Suzuki Ciaz - Variants ComparedSep 27, 2017
- 5:422017 Hyundai Verna First Look | Zigwheels.comSep 27, 2017
- 8:12Hyundai Verna Variants ExplainedSep 27, 2017
- 4:29Hyundai 4S Fluidic Verna I Review of Features | CarDekho.comSep 27, 2017
- 11:262015 Honda City Vs Hyundai Verna I Comparison Video I CarDekho.com - Hyundai VideosSep 27, 2017
- 4:42015 Hyundai Verna :: Review :: ZigWheelsSep 27, 2017
Hyundai Verna Images and Colours
Hyundai Verna News
Prices of the Verna diesel now start at Rs 9.29 lakh
This Diwali, don’t just burst crackers, drive one too
Customer feedback from dealerships has pushed Hyundai to consider launching automatic variants for the top-spec Verna
- Weekly Wrap-up: Mahindra Marazzo Vs XUV500, Jeep Compass With Sunroof Coming Soon, Tiago NRG Vs Rivals & More
From new product launches to some interesting revelations, here’s all that happened in the week that went by
The limited-run model comes with a new colour, additional features and subtle cosmetic enhancements
Save BIG by buying a Used Car
- Used Hyundai Verna
- Similarly Priced
- Total Loan AmountRs.0
- Payable AmountRs.0
- You’ll pay extraRs.0
Calculated on Ex-Showroom priceRs. /month
Hyundai Verna Price in India
|Mumbai||Rs. 9.24 - 16.96 Lakh|
|Bangalore||Rs. 9.59 - 17.61 Lakh|
|Chennai||Rs. 9.12 - 17.07 Lakh|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 9.25 - 16.93 Lakh|
|Pune||Rs. 9.2 - 16.93 Lakh|
|Kolkata||Rs. 8.75 - 15.67 Lakh|
|Kochi||Rs. 8.99 - 16.39 Lakh|
Trending Hyundai Cars
- Hyundai Kona ElectricRs.25.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 16, 2019
- Hyundai SonataRs.20.77 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 22, 2019
- Hyundai Grand i10 2019Rs.4.5 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 02, 2019
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2019Rs.27.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 01, 2019
- Hyundai CarlinoRs.8.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Apr 04, 2019