Rating of Tata Zest

B
Banibrata Mukherjee
for Revotron 1.2T XM
On: Dec 22, 2016 | 46 Views

Tata zest is the first car from TATA Motors under the Next Gen X version.I bought my car as soon as it was released.But before buying the car I was continuously researching on which car to buy.This car would be my fourth car.I have already used a Maruti 800 for 45 years, A Santro base model for 2 years, A Santro XL for 3 years and a Ford Figo base model for 3 years.All the cars I used were good by each having their specific drawbacks.Maruti 800 was too small for a family.Santro was a good car and I bought two versions of Santro and used for 7 years.The drawback of Santro were comparatively small Tires, weak AC, Speeding beyond 80 Km is not safe & comfortable.Fuel consumption is not satisfactory.For my next car I was contemplating between i10 & Ford Figo and incidentally, the sales officer convinced me to buy the Ford Figo base .Good car but not good for a 6 footer.Fuel consumption is horrible and ground clearance is not at all suitable for Indian road condition roads.Apart from these sound insulation is not up to the mark in Ford Figo.

Equipped with all the above experience I was looking for a compact Sedan.Choices were Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift Dzire & Hyundai Xcent, and TATA Zest.After extensive research, I choose Tata Zest.

I have extensively tried all the options & finally choose TATA ZEST. I am listing the plus points of Tata Zest over its Rival and also its drawback.

Space is best in Tata zest

Driving comfort is best in Tata Zest

Upholstery is best in Tata Zest

Music system is best in Tata zest

Sound insulation is best in Tata zest

Passenger comfort is best in Tata Zest

Speeding beyond 120 Kmph is comfortable in Tata Zest

Minus Points

Fuel consumption is better in other cars but considering the extra space Tata Zest offers, this is no problem.

The gearbox is not as refined as it is in its competitor.

Other Zest Reviews