The best hatchback I've seen so far: Maruti Ritz

By for Maruti Ritz from Noida 2010-08-16 13:36:48.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Superb acceleration, comfortable drive

Cons : None as such

I can never forget the test drive I had of Maruti ritz. The car actually flew like an airplane and I had to enquire from the executive that whether the same power is delivered by every Ritz or there is something special with the test drive model. There is no doubt that I liked the car and bought it instantaneously. The dashborad of Ritz is quite huge and rather bigger than all cars in the segment. The acceleration is superb and the car takes of in seconds. I don't understand why people are not finding the looks of the car good as I found them really exciting and a fresh change then what normal hatchbacks do offer. The leg room it offers in front is really good, however the same is a bit less in the rear side of the car. The drive is good and as the tyres are huge, it offers a good height to the car while on drive. I need not mention that the maintenance costs are low as it is a car from Maruti's stable. I get a mileage of around 15kmpl in city areas and that is pretty good for the cars in the segment. My brother is 6 feet tall and the car has a good height to make anyone with that kind of height sit comfortably. The AC of the car is effective and I don't remember a day when it took more than 2 mins to cool the car even when it was parked in the middle of scorching heat. I want to suggest this car to anyone and everyone looking for a Value for money investment.

• Sharat |17 Aug,2010 04:29:25 PM

Must say - Completely agree with ur observation!!!

• Swapan Kumar Das |17 Aug,2010 10:07:18 PM

I got delivery of vxi model on AUG.6'09...It is ok..I am fascinated with the performance......I got more than 18km on long drive...I vouch for it and like other buyers to be a proud owner of Maruti Ritz.......good luck

• dr varun |17 Aug,2010 11:31:23 PM

i got my ritz on sep. 09, i fully agree with ur comments. my friends have i10, i20, ford figo

• Dorai |18 Aug,2010 01:28:16 PM

I have a Ritz VDI which has now done 23,000KMs,,, and WOW what a car. I fully agree with Anoop on the best rating for this car. I am 6.3 height and this is one car that I find which has a fantastic leg room and I frequently drive down from chennai to Bangalore without any discomfort whatsoever. CHHERS!!

• vikas narang |18 Aug,2010 02:21:13 PM

am fully agreed,i recently bought ritz vxi and i love it...

• vikas |18 Aug,2010 02:22:04 PM

i would like to ask about avg of car, its giving approx 10 km per ltr avg,. although 1st service is still due...

• anupam |18 Aug,2010 04:17:37 PM

i have a lxi.it is a cool car .after ur 1 service u will get good avg

• rajesh |18 Aug,2010 07:28:08 PM

Indian like maruti

• bk mathew |20 Aug,2010 11:16:01 AM

ritz car engine performance good ,front seat both good comfort back seat very poor, overhuall back side (out side) very poor desin for that peopole dosent like buy riz, sapous back side like santro xig it would have popular can in india. really very poor desin.

• rohit |22 Oct,2010 01:18:16 PM

the clutch plates of the car gets distorted very soon . I bought it nov 09 but in a year itself clutch plates has worn out