Hyundai i10: A Glimpse At My Experience

By for Hyundai i10 from Gurgaon 2010-04-10 07:27:21.0
  • Appearance

Pros : amazing looks, good mileage, comfortable drive,

I learned driving by June'09 and wanted to buy my first Car in July'09. I was looking for a small family car that performs well both in the city and on highways as I love travelling. I had certain basics like mileage, looks, comfort, smooth drive, spacious interiors that I thought would be my first deciding factors. I and my wife took suggestions from a few friends, read some reviews, visited a few showrooms and took 4-5 test drives. We narrowed down on a few, but when we took the test drive of i10 and saw a blushing Red coloured i10 displayed in the showroom, we had made our decision. Its been 9 months now and nearly 8000 km have been covered. I get an average of 16kmpl in the city with AC and approx. 18kmpl on highways, which is excellent. Everyone who has been on a drive in the car has appreciated the interiors, the spacious and comfortable sitting. This is funny but I do drive with my son sitting on my lap and the drive is equally comfortable. On highways, I normally drive 6-7 hours on a stretch with no strain and also you won't feel that you are driving at a speed on 100-120 Kmph unless you look at the speedometer. The music system and AC are awesome. It's been 3 services now and the Hyundai staff is too cooperating. Go for it.

• Radhika |03 May,2010 07:37:10 AM

I own a Hyundai i10 myself and am extremely happy with the purchase. You have described your experience very profoundly and its useful for others as well. Gud effort...

• chinnaswamy |04 May,2010 06:36:19 AM

Hi Anoop, thank u for sharing ur experience. Pls. let me know which model of i10 u bought. ChSwamy

• rudreshlohar |16 May,2010 11:55:15 AM

hi iam rudresh lohar iam planing to buy hyundai i10 sportz 1.2 and chevy beat L T so pls advise me which is best car to buy thank u

utkarsh singh |26 Sep,2011 09:05:23 PM

i 10 is a better option

• shanmuganathan |08 Jun,2010 11:02:00 AM

Hello rudresh,I personally suggest to go for i10 sportz 1.2.After eloborate research

• sunil |29 Jun,2010 02:15:50 PM

I am sunil from up i plan to bay a car but i am confused with new vagon R, I10 magana please sugest me i like long dirve with some goods so please take this factor also with economy.

Srirup Sircar |22 Nov,2010 10:36:42 PM

i10 and Wagon R cannot be compared. i10 belongs to a premium hatchback segment....it is rated among the best hatchbacks in the World !! Go for i10 !!!!

• VIVEK SHARMA |15 Jul,2010 04:57:46 PM

POOR SERVICE GIVEN BY HUNDAI

• dev |26 Jul,2010 08:26:11 PM

hello sunil,i am a owner of i10.i have driven the wagon r.its good but lacks power nd styling.i10 is also good in economy.so go for it....catch the i.

• Anand |18 Sep,2010 04:55:38 PM

Thanks Anoop. I am also thinking to buy i10. But little confused whether to go for maruthi swift or i10. :-)

Srirup Sircar |22 Nov,2010 10:38:49 PM

Hi Anand, i10 drive will be much much smoother than Swift....my colleagues are complaining about the mileage and smoothness of Swift after 2 years.....catch the i....

• Tarun |21 Sep,2010 11:27:21 PM

Hi! I am Tarun Mihsra from Jamshedpur, and I am planing to buy a Car but little confused between Hundai i10 sportz and Ford figo titanium. Please help to buy a car. My budget is around 4.5 L and My requirement is Comfort, Power and mileage.

rajesh kumar |27 Dec,2010 07:30:49 PM

hi the same question is what i also searching for, so plz tell if u find it bi i m also frm jsr.

• Murthy |01 Oct,2010 02:05:20 PM

Hi All, I bought I10 in Feb 2009 and till now covered 32000/- kms :-)..Its my first car and i learned driving on my car.Excellent interiors and A/C is superb.Last week I driven 800 kms with just two breaks.You wont feel strain.Unless you look at speedometer you wont realise you crossed 110 kmph.Leg space is good and boot space is good (not excellent) I bought I10 ASTA ABS one and let me tell you go for ABS.Its excellent and you will realise importance of it when you drive on highways and in uncomfortable conditions. Ford Figo buyers-- My brother in law bought top end version (Titanium)two months back and he is planning to sell it off as he is having performance issues.I think its due to noise and underpower vehicle.

kt |27 Mar,2011 12:39:54 PM

COMPARE RITZ ZXI WITH I10 ASTA ........RITZ ZXI ON ROAD PRICE 5,45,000 I10 ON ROAD PRICE 5,86,000 ON 1/3/11..........RITZ ZXI HAS 14' TYRE SIZE I10 HAS ONLY 13' TYRE SIZE...... RITZ GROUND CLEARANCE IS 170MM while. I10 ONLY 165 MM .......RITZ HAS ALLOY WHEELS WHILE I10 DOESN'T HAVE......... RITZ HAS 85 PS POWER I10 HAS 80 PS POWER ........RITZ HAS FRONT AND REAR FOG LAMPS FOR BETTER VISIBILTY I10 HAS ONLY FRONT FOG LAMPS........ RITZ IS BIGGER THAN I10........ RITZ HAS HIGH SEATING POSITION WHICH GIVES U AN S.U.V. LIKE EXPERIENCE........ RITZ HAS AERODYANAMIC DESIGN AND ITS BOOMERANG TAILLIGHTS ENSURE OUTSTANDING ROAD PRESENCE...

Neo |06 Aug,2011 11:38:00 AM

Which country do you live in I10 Astra price you mentioned is incorrect, make sure you know what you are talking about.

• mahesh Kumar NG |11 Oct,2010 02:31:34 PM

AFTER ALL REVIEW I HAVE LOT OF CONFUSION WHETHER TO BUY i10 Magna OR Maruthi basically i am looking for diesel car which gives more milage please please suggest

• chiran das |31 Oct,2010 12:31:09 PM

hi friends i m planning to buy a a car around 4lacs, so for which should i go maruti a star or hundai i10, can anyone realy sugest me.

• prs |13 Nov,2010 07:31:58 PM

At what price I may purchase a used i10 Magna 2010 model done 12000 km.

By Team CarDekho |15 Nov,2010 05:07:50 PM

the car should be priced at anything between 3.40lakhs to 3.80lakhs. Thanks, CarDekho Team

• Venkat |15 Nov,2010 09:38:09 PM

Hi all, Any reviews for the automatic version. I am interested in AT vehicles.

• rohit jain |02 Dec,2010 08:32:11 AM

hello I am rohit jain and i want to purchase a car with a budget of 4.5-5 lacs, kindly suggest me the options available my requirements would be good mileage, comfort and less maintenance. my mail id: jainrohit_53@yahoo.co.in

• dhananjay |07 Jan,2011 06:29:59 PM

Hi, I am bit confused, please suggest me which car to buy between Tata indica Vista, WagonR or i10 Magna.?

CarDekho Team |08 Jan,2011 11:25:27 AM

Dear User, we would like to inform you that you can opt for Hyundai i10 magna or Maruti Wagon R. Hyundai i10 Magna has been one of the dominating hatchbacks last year. The major advantage of purchasing the car can be its low maintenance cost, good resale value and sound service network. Maruti Wagon R also stands as a good option, since more than a decade the car has been dominating. The car also stands as a true value for money offering decent mileage, good resale value, low maintenance cost and widely spread dealership network. Thanks

• Pavithra Ajith |08 Jan,2011 01:18:17 AM

Hello Frnnz... I'm searchn 4 a car wth gud mileage n looks. Pondering over i10, Ritz, Beat & A Star. Cud U guyz pls help me? Betr if d price dont go beyond 4.5 lacs(on road). Kindly specify the model too... Happy Winter...

kt |27 Mar,2011 12:42:46 PM

go for rirz zxi...COMPARE RITZ ZXI WITH I10 ASTA ........RITZ ZXI ON ROAD PRICE 5,45,000 I10 ON ROAD PRICE 5,86,000 ON 1/3/11..........RITZ ZXI HAS 14' TYRE SIZE I10 HAS ONLY 13' TYRE SIZE...... RITZ GROUND CLEARANCE IS 170MM....... I10 ONLY 165 MM .......RITZ HAS ALLOY WHEELS WHILE I10 DOESN'T HAVE......... RITZ HAS 85 PS POWER I10 HAS 80 PS POWER ........RITZ HAS FRONT AND REAR FOG LAMPS FOR BETTER VISIBILTY I10 HAS ONLY FRONT FOG LAMPS........ RITZ IS BIGGER THAN I10........ RITZ HAS HIGH SEATING POSITION WHICH GIVES U AN S.U.V. LIKE EXPERIENCE........ RITZ HAS AERODYANAMIC DESIGN AND ITS BOOMERANG TAILLIGHTS ENSURE OUTSTANDING ROAD PRESENCE...

• vishesh jain |07 Feb,2011 12:28:16 AM

Hi, am planning to buy a car in the range of 4-4.25 lacs. Bit confused between 3 cars - zen estilo lxi, ford figo petrol lxi, i-10 D-lite. Mileage is an issue but not a very big issue since i will be driving 150 kms. max in a month, on an average. But I am truly concerned about the maintenance costs, spare parts, service station charges, etc. and ofcourse the space inside. i get to read black & white reviews. It gets all the more confusing. And will someone also help me with the finance scheme (rate of car loan interest, EMI, loan criteria, etc.) What all freebies or standard things u get with the car??

CarDekho Team |09 Feb,2011 01:16:08 PM

Considering your expectations and needs we advise you to go for the Hyundai i10 which is efficient,powerful and its maintenence is low as Hyundai has a very low priced spares and a very strong after sales and service network across India. Thanks. CarDekho Team

Jeetendar Das |26 Jan,2012 03:01:31 PM

i10 is very good car and its value for money , its averge on highway around 18-19 kms-Jeetendar, I have purchased car one month back-Jeetendar Das,

• Mamta Sankhla |20 Feb,2011 08:59:08 PM

hi.. this is Mamta from Rajasthan.. m planning to buy a car..so m visiting this page twice daily... after reading almost all comment of my selected cars ( i10, figo, wagon R, beat,swift) i came to a decision of buying i10 magma... this car is best from all aspects (cost,fuel,style,service,maintenance) and it has everything that a avg driver is luking for... :) So Friends and this page plz comment wat u think about this(no matter comments r gud or bad)...thanks :)

• Nasar MD |21 Feb,2011 03:17:21 AM

Hi Mamta...good that you have done a through research before making a choice...and a great one too!!! I caught i10 3 months back in Hyderabad...NextGen Sportz...and surely its a Superb Catch. Nwadays every car in indian market is offering looks,comfort etc. bt where they fail is the After sales service,spare parts avail.,resale value,long term run( these factors are very imp. as the real costs starts after one buy's a car and not before it ) and thats wher the reputed long standing brands comein like Maruti, Hyundai whch hav a wide netowrk of dealerships,service stations,easily available spare parts.These cars frm maruti and Hyundai r also mechanic friendly...i mean..any average mechanic wth basic automotive knowledge can attend to ur car wth ease, on othr hand..hw many mechanics u thnk can do da same wth polo,figo, beat etc..Agreed..these polos,puntos,figos,beats,jazzs are new and make u stand apart in the crowd...bt in case of any breakdown whch can always happen wth any car be it an Alto or an Audi... U HAV to 'standapart' and find a mechanic who can repair it properly and wth care.!!! Plus easy availability of spare parts is an issue wth these new branded cars...Recently i got the rear bumper installed on Dad's M800 1992model fr RS.850/- frm a local spare shop..and fr my Friend'z Chevy Beat Fog lamp whch got damaged in accident..well, we are still waiting to get it installed since 35 days..'coz its out of stock and no spare parts shop has it either... Brands lyk Nissan,Ford,VW,Chevrolet..(plz... im not being biased) hav just enterd the booming economy of indian car market scene wth ther hatchbacks whch are basically engines frm old outdated cars. So, fr a Upper Middle/Middle class indian wth value fr money and eyeing comfort, style,mileage,interior space,After sales service,spare parts cost,resale value...best is Hyundai and Maruti.... Reason why Hyundai i10 scores over Maruti and fr that matter santro is.... its a New car, tried n tested,new Kappa2engine,Superb luxury-car-lik-interiors wth great fit n finish.The engine is peppy wth 80 BHP.. and not underpowered like figo. Plus i10 is Tall car as compared to swift n figo which are long and wide one's...so u can easily get in n out and easy to negotiate in traffic plus the height gives gud visibility...First-in-class Gear shift indicator and Turn indicators on ORVM'S giv it that classy look. The only quest. that has been asked abt i10 is its mileage...and let me tell u till frst servicing i.e. frst 2 months u'll get like 10-11 in the city...after that wth proper driving,optimal gear change and minimal clutch drive and at constant speeds...u cn surely touch 15kmpl in city... One small advice though..Magna is good bt if u cn spare around 20k more thn go fr Sportz...u get rear spoiler,wiper,washer,advanced music sys. wth Aux,USB plus other minor thngs..Get reverse parking sensors installed and u hav a fully loaded i10...surely the sensors are a boon while parking in the city. Cheerz and hav a happy ride..

• radha |12 Apr,2011 03:22:57 PM

I want to buy new car. this will be my 1 st car. i am from mumbai. can u please suggest betwwen HYUNDAI I10 ASTA, MARUTI RITZ,MARUTI A STAR, POLO and NISSAN MICRA OR UPCOMING HYUNDAI I10 DIESEL CAR. I am waiting earliest reply from your side please.

• kt |16 Apr,2011 03:03:23 PM

go for ritz...it has 170 mm ground clearance..which is highest in its segment..85ps power ...high seating position..wider tyres..ritz's width 1680mm hieght 1620mm length 3715mm

• Gokul |19 Apr,2011 08:13:50 PM

I am planning to buy a i10 Next Gen any users pl inform about performance & mileage,maintenance of Vehicle.

• Kunal Hasija |20 Apr,2011 03:05:31 PM

I have booked my new i10 Asta AT and waiting fot the delivery in next 5-6 days and will share the exp ...

• vince |15 Nov,2011 02:06:22 AM

i have booked the I10 1.1 magna... i am confused now reading about all the issues on the milage....pls som1 suggest what is the actual millage for i10 1.1 magna

• Jatinder Pal Singh |07 Feb,2012 09:20:19 AM

After a thorough review and comparisons on Cardekho.com, i have shortlisted 2 options and a bit confused between Honda Brio S MT and Hyundai i10 Sportz. The on road price of i10 in New Delhi is more than Honda's Brio. Can some1 suggest me which is a better option considering the high volume of traffic in Delhi. i want a car with good mileage as i will be travelling to my office in Noida which is about 36 kms both ways.

• k.satyanarayana |25 Mar,2012 10:48:41 PM

What is the basic difference between i10 magna and i10 sportz?

rakesh |26 Mar,2012 04:15:13 PM

Eletrical side view mirror adjstment. rear glass defoger. rear wiper spoiler perhaps body colour door handles and side strips. stereo.

• rakesh |26 Mar,2012 04:10:58 PM

I buy I 10 Sportz model last week. After look after every option, i find out the best option is I 10. But after driving it on highway I was very disappointed due to its much noise in tyre friction. Realy it is very uncomfortable due to noise. I am surprised that company not noticed this problem. My other friends, who have I 10, are facing same problem. Can anyone suggest me to solve this problem.

• jagadish rajbingshi |19 Dec,2015 09:21:19 PM

HYUNDAI DECEMBER best offers (Zero down payment ,Free Insurance ,Cash and exchange Bonus) Eon : savings up to 46,065 I10 saving up to : 52,754 Grand i10 savings up to : 63,316 Xcent savings up to : 64,583 For mor info call 8724991463 for guwahati