Tata Zest - Great car to own

• Appearance

Pros : Looks, Pickup

Cons : Nothing

Look and Style: Awesome, frankly speaking I was not expecting this kind of upmarket look from Tata Motors. They have given projector headlamps that make it more stylish.  Comfort: I think comfort wise its much better than the competitiors Pickup: Powered by the revotron engine, I am confirm that Zest's pickup will be great Mileage: Claimed mileage is fine, but i'll check for myself how much it gives Best Features: EPS- This feature is very useful in all situations thanks to Tata Needs to improve: We are all expecting more stunning looks. Overall Experience I am very happpy with thel vehicle details and will feel more so when I drive this car. Thank you Tata.

Comments Tata Zest
  • cittibabu |13 Sep,2014 08:55:21 AM

hi frns, as u see the REVOTRON engine is new ,is there any issue with this revotron engine??

• ravi |15 Sep,2014 08:01:59 PM

hifriends, iwould like 2 buy zest, wt is u r suggestion

• PRASHANT SATI |18 Sep,2014 04:04:50 PM

Please suggest one between Tata Zent XM or Swift Dzire Lxi???

Suman |24 Sep,2014 04:35:58 PM

Hi All, I have done the booking for ZEST QJET XM. me and my friends(4) went to the TATA dealer and have driven the Petrol and diesel variants. we already have driven the Mobilio, Xcent and Dzire. frankly, ZEST is an amazing machine. especially the QJET engine. while overtaking with driving Swift, Dzire, Xcent, like machines we would feel that the engine is not able to do this, but in the case of Zest there is not such feeling. we dont like bombarding sound from the HU in the car, Harmon is giving cristal clear sound. interior space is a magic in zest. no bottle holes because of the amazing design of the internal door handle. we can resolve it while putting the seat covers. it is true that there is no rear AC went, but the front AC went is enough to cool the room. while sitting in the rear seat of Dzire, Xcent, Mobilio, Swift, i20, Punto we would feel uncomfortable because of the lack of head and leag room. there is no such issue in Zest. in the case of Mobilio and Swift we would feel that they put the engine inside and clossed without any design sence. somebody saying that the person sitting in the middle of the rear seat would feel uncomfortable because of the build over the axle, i felt this is wrong because all the other vehilcles except the SUVs having this curved build over the axle. if we compare it with other models zest is best in this case. clutch and gear shift are simply the best, thus my recommendation is to avoid AMT model. while visiting the dealers of Suzuki, Honda, and Hyundai, I informed them the models under my consideration to buy. all of them haven't made any comments against the others except TATA. all of them made some bad comments about TATA. they haven't made any comments on the build and quality of the product, i don't know why? all of them talking about the service of the TATA(it is true for the past of TATA). i felt that is thier pass mark to TATA ZEST because they know the quality of the product. we are not worried about the style, but the build quality. build quality of ZEST is better than Mobilio, Dzire but not Xcent. Build quality of Xcent is best in class. but the problem is its engine, having only three cylinders. what ever they are saying about the ability of the engine is not true. while driving Xcent we felt that Xcent is asking for power while overtaking. for 48 months we dont need a single penny of the service of zest but others are not like. we have 3 years road side assistance and 3 year extended warranty with Zest, for others even suzuki don't think of that. even if you dont like to take the zest into the athorised service after the extended warranty, you just need to change the filter in a local workshop on every 15000km. dont worry about the quality of the FIAT QJET engine, I have a friend having a car with FIAT engine crossed 200000 kms without any issue(that's why all the others are taking the same engine for their models). I would give a detailed report after the arrival of ZEST machine in to my car porch. dont forget one simple thing, if a native company in going to give the real quality, others can't survive(check the native contires of all others) that is the reason of all this confusions made by all. Thank you so much. Software Engineer, UST, Tvm.

RAJA M |26 Sep,2014 11:58:38 AM

Dear Suman, Your are 100% correct and Tata zest is best car and it will be proving your point.

• saurabh |25 Sep,2014 10:56:00 AM

Hi Suman, Thanks for writing such a detailed review of the car.....i am also confused between Xcent, Amaze and Zest......Petrol variants.... Your review gives me a good insight of Zest........I am still nurvous about the After sales services of TATA......but as you said.....hoping it change with new models.... Saurabh

• binod |12 Nov,2014 09:09:53 PM

TATA is ready for the leadership in personal car segment with zest.Still a few important facilities to be provided.ei.cd player to be provided in music system,everywhere you get amusic cd to buy.Second thing is corporate discount for govt,publlic sectorand other employees.warrenty period should be increased to 5 years for the employees.100000km is ok.

• pardeep goel |27 Jun,2015 11:44:40 PM

Pl.tell bhp of tata zest

Tata Zest review scorecard