Tata Motors don't know Customer Relationship Management

By for Tata Zest 2014-09-29 13:30:29.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Stylish car

Cons : Brand value and image

Does all Tata Motors dealershps work like this or I only found this type of behavior from KHT Motors Bangalore? They are least bothered about customer else they are used to behave same as they do with Taxi driver as Tata is bit famous for Taxi. I had dealt with a dealer called KHT Motors; I booked test drive for Zest. I was told that you need not to walk down to showroom, we only will come to your place at 2 o clock and I waited up to 3:30 , made several calls and got same response "will be coming within 10 min".  After that guy didn't pick my call itself, moreover his manager was still following up to me for being available rather than asking to his executive where is he? At 5:30pm, they told me that vehicle is not available.  I was supposed to book this car but now I am scared what will happen after buying this if any problem occurs in car.  After this incidence I would conclude myself in only one sentence. Think 1000 times before buying a Tata Car? Never expect good service and coordination with dealer. How can you trust on these guys who are behaving like this before selling?  No matter how good car is but service should be good then only you can rely on otherwise it will be a pian for you. Tata Motors don't know Customer Relationship Management.

• Srikanth |30 Sep,2014 11:12:52 PM

Hi Raj....I agree...after sales are imp.....but...don't take hasty decisions....I am not forcing/pushing towards zest....but.....just think once......if they sell car nicely and move for your path later........Infact you should think that...ur car should not trouble u to visit the service centre.....however......it won't trouble u I feel... Coming to Zest....it's worth and superb vehicle ....I shifted from VW to Zest......VW people will come to ur place and provide the test drove.....but,..just think about the after saler/service amount.....it costs not less than 10k ......trust me Zest is a good vehicle.....even if u won't buy also :)

prasad |02 Oct,2014 05:09:27 PM

Trust you Mr.Srikanth, My cousin bought Zest XM and drove it myself and found a lot of changes they made in the comfort for the driver and also co passenger. Also driven Xcent and D'Zire, definitely both differs in driving style and feels Zest seems better except in sharp turnings, even xcent is not comfortable in turning and dezire is way short. Yes as you said Tata infact came out with better product and they will address the problem of Service also, since it is the main brand they are stationing in the market.

Praveen |03 Oct,2014 11:50:50 PM

Srikant service amount in Zest is also not less then 10k, I hoe u r aware.

mohit gopal |20 Oct,2014 01:46:49 PM

praveen, the zest comes with free service till 3years/45000km. the 10k figure shall not apply. I have booked basis this only. is this fake?

• Manoj |03 Oct,2014 05:38:56 PM

Hi Raj, My experience is also very bad with tata service and the tata people behavior , I had a TATA SAFARI DICOR 2.2, One day my safari starting proble, tata people said me the engine is seized, give me one lack quotation after 15 days they said 1.5 lack then after 20 days they said 2 lack then finaly after 35 days the give me 3 lack quotation, i think they are like a thief.

ankit |28 Apr,2015 12:46:08 AM

Brother same ditto problem with my safari too. Engine siezed, however settled on re-servicing the engine for 1.25 lacs and one year guarantee. After all work was done i took the test drive, engine was producing knocking sound. And it still is.

• George Mathew C |20 Oct,2014 09:26:52 AM

I wish the all Tata dealers take care of the negative comments on them and take an all India effort with the support of the top managaement, to bring the after sales sevice quality to an international level.

• Dr. S.Mardi |16 Nov,2014 09:19:22 PM

Tata Motors service is very poor even in Jamshedpur. They care less about your comfort.

• vishnu |20 Dec,2014 11:07:08 AM

I very much agree with Mr Rajdeep, about the total indifferent behaviour of the tata dealers. basically tata is a taxi people car and i think they have got used to handling customers from taxi industry hence they treat all others the same way. tata must give them some training on customer handling which is must. its high time, or they will take down Zest along with other Tata vehicles, its a great cas tata has come out with, please dont let this car wash out of the market because of the indifferent attitude of the dealers.

• abhishiktraja |29 Aug,2015 05:45:10 PM

I agree with you. Tata is least bothered about customers. That's why even though they are making a quality car it doesn't go properly into the market.