My ZEST - My First Review After 3000 kms

By for Tata Zest 2015-08-07 20:01:52.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Stying, Space and comfort

Cons : Missing boot lining, CD player, Intedrated MAPS

You will get surprised to see the car's appearence. Remove the Tata badging in the car, you will feel the luxury. I was impressed with the looks of the car. Unlike Swift Dzire, which looks like an elongated version of the Swift, Zest's design goes well with the features.

Styling wise it is more than what I expected. Many first in a class features LED tail lamps, Projector Head lamps, DRLS.

Interior (Features, Space & Comfort) - When space is concerned, Zest is the best in class. Its not a car its a CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR. It is a feature rich car with voice controls to control almost all electrical parts in the car like AC, Music sustem, Security system. The speed controlling music system is the best in class.

Don't forget its Harman music system, which is expecially designed for ZEST.

Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox - I opted for a petrol engine, which is silent compared to other cars. The Mice insulation makes the car so silent that I was not able to recognize if the car was actually on or off.

Fuel Economy is the thing that I was extremly happly about. I am getting around 18-19 kmpl. I Mostly drive my car in the eco mode with a decent AC temp(25 degrees).

Gear box is like you are piece of butter. I was surprised to see the gear was getting shifted smoothly without any hassle. They have always been known for their diesel engines. I will say try the Zest's Revotron, you will stop commenting on TATA's petrol engines. It is finely tuned engine with great features like 3 engine modes in 1 engine .

Ride Quality & Handling - Ride quality is where Tata will be scoring a lot. Bumps on the roads were easily absorbed by the car making the ride great. I was easily able to zoom about in the corners without any worry. Thanks to its ABS 9th gen( First in class) with EBD and corner stability.

Final Words - After using it for almost 3K kms, I am badging this car as the best car in the segment. It has been almost 6 months since I purchased the car and now I will proudly say TATA cars are the market leaders.

Took this car in chennai from TAFE reach, Pallikaranai. I should say that the service that they provided was great. Earlier, I was slightly hesitant to go with TATA as it is a taxi car (mostly known for its diesel engine). After taking a test drive, I changed my mindset about TATA.

There are claims that this car was designed partly in their overseas R&D centers. Lets see how it scores on the EU NCAP safety ratings.

Areas of improvement - Boot can be covered with a lining. The aditional safety rods are not that great to see.

Maps could be added as apart of the default fittings.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this August