My first experience with Nissan Terrano

By for Nissan Terrano 2013-2017 2014-08-28 15:36:18.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Road presence, solid build quality, mileage, air conditioning system, 16 inch machined alloy wheels

Cons : Gear shift needs to improve

Look and Style: One of the best SUV in this category available in Indian car market as far as look and style goes. Of course it's replica of Renault Duster still Terrano is more muscular and majestic.

Comfort: Terrano can easily fit 5 people without any space compromise. Seats are broad to give good thigh support for long drives and seats are in good height level for road visibility and increase confidence in driving. Ride quality is outstanding and Suspension of the Terrano is also surprisingly too good we won't bother when crossing speed humps and potholes.

Pickup: We bought XL Plus 85 PS diesel variant which delivers enough power with full load even in hill roads.

Mileage: I drove my Terrano in all conditions like city roads, highway and hill area around 250 km with AC and I got 18 km mileage in average which is very impressive like this kind of solid built SUV.

Best Features: Road presence, solid build quality, mileage, air conditioning system, 16 inch machined alloy wheels, ample cabin space as well boot area. Ride quality of Terrano is really delightful as well handling too gives lots of confidence while driving on highway.

Needs to improve: Nissan can improve the gear shift quality for Terrano. It's not that much smooth when compared to Ford Ecosport. ORVM adjustment knob is oddly placed below the handbrake.

Overall Experience I am very proud to be owner of this Japanese brand SUV. I am sure you won't get disappointed if you decided to go with Terrano. Nissan named it as Terrano. Yes it's true once you get into the SUV you will say, Terror? NO.

• syedmoin |27 Mar,2015 01:27:28 PM

What about A/T version Weare waiting. Pl letme Know

sudhagar |12 Jun,2015 03:59:46 PM

Sorry for the delayed response, i don't think Terrano has A/T version at this point moreover i personally prefer manual one always. The reason is I believe driver gets complete driving pleasure in manual transmission compare to A/T.

• pradeep hatwal |12 Jun,2015 11:54:10 AM

the review was very useful. I also bought terrano a few days ago

Sudhagar |12 Jun,2015 04:41:31 PM

Hi Pradeep, that's great congrats and all the very best. Have a safe drive.

• Lionel |24 Jun,2015 06:28:08 AM

When will they launch the All Wheel Drive?

• Shabbir |16 Oct,2015 08:37:46 PM

Terrano has few design setback 1. Seat belt indicator is not visible 2. Rear view mirror adjusting knob is not reachable during Driving

Sudhagar |24 Jan,2017 04:15:40 PM

Agree. indicator light is not much visible especially in day time. Rear view mirror adjusting knob also not placed in a right area but its comfortable now for me after regular usage.

• subhadeep sen |28 Dec,2015 12:48:34 AM

Thnx for your frrdback. Bt terrano is named cause it can handle all kinds of terrain