Ritz Zxi

• Appearance

I was planning to buy Maruti Alto K10 or A Star. People suggetsed me to buy WagonR instead. As I had yet to learn my driving, I asked the show room person to take the test drive. I felt A star has no enough space for my family, I didnt like WagonR for many reasons(Its match-box like looks especially), Alto K10 got slipped from the list somehow, and nobody liked my other choice-Zen Estillo, I bought a Ritz ZXI, with a decision taken in 10 minutes in comparison with all the other choices mentioned above. Yeah, speaking about other brands (to remind you, I have not test driven any car), Etios live looked beautiful, only from outside..same with honda brio, i10 was small, and revews dont recommend it much, Nissan sunny was just in, and beat-i dont like...I faced two questions from people, after buying the car, Oh, Why Ritz? and Why Petrol Car?. They made me to lose my sleep for a while, but then, as i drive less (Now 6000Kms in around 10 mots), and i got a calculationn showing that I can get profit on fuel only after covering 50000Kms, No issues with choice of fuel. Now about Ritz: Good to drive, I have driven it 750 kms straight (16 hours, with two hours break), thrice. On highways, You dont feel that you are driving. I felt quite a few times, 'oh! the speed is 140', stearing control is too good. Had issues with mileage early on. The service center executive told me to take it on highways, and test the mileage after covering 5000Kms. It gives 12-13 in cities (I am still learning to switch it off during red signals in dense traffic), 16 on highways, with good amount of AC on (2-3). And, the back of the car is beautiful, looks different. At one angle it looks a bit odd, sometimes, but I have seen it getting driven on road, looks great! Boot space is a bit less for us while going for a long journey, but then, my plan was to buy A star, which has almost no boot! All the additional features Z version of the car has are good, the height adjustable seat, adjustable stearing, ABS, alloy wheels (I love them), automatic controls, etc etc. Ritz is a car to buy in this segment, let people say whatever the want to, It's a CAR, for sure.

Comments Maruti Ritz
  • Amitosh Kumar |11 May,2013 04:16:26 PM

pls write about mileage ritz zxi is giving?

• DHANANJAI KUMAR |17 May,2013 10:17:52 PM

kindly suggest me to buy a car of maruti segment . I like Ritz but not more than swift , but swift is costly than ritz. Pls tell me about purchasing of swift or ritz. .

tony |09 Jun,2013 02:15:28 AM

according to my belief ritz deign is from opel.. here in europe cross winds is there around 25-55 km/hr. running in motorways at 120 km per hr car will roll over .. ritz is safe at 120. km hr but swift is not.. its indian design for indian roads. contol over vehicle riz is good than swift....

• venu |24 May,2013 07:48:52 AM

this opinion is mush usefull to buy a new car in this segment

• rj |10 Sep,2013 01:47:44 AM

Ritz is for sure a great car to own on all counts... A choice you wont regret ever and a car one can never go wrong with... it shines more as a family car than a performance car...

Maruti Ritz review scorecard