Lousy Electronics

By for Mahindra XUV500 2013-01-17 17:57:29.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Looks

Cons : Software, Poor Plastic Interiors, Noise

Look and Style: Great

Comfort: Ok

Pickup: Good

Mileage: 13Kmpl

Best Features: ABS

Needs to improve: Software, decrease the cabin noise (especially in the  last row seats), pathetic plastic interiors and the irritating silver colored lines in the dash console which reflect on the windscreen all the time.

Overall Experience: It has just done 6,000 Km and I have already been stranded four times two of which were in the middle of nowhere. It is some software problem that makes this car dead. I have been advised to remove the battery terminal, wait for 10 minutes (in Delhi rush hour traffic) and reconnect. It worked a few times but the last time nothing worked and no roadside assistance was available as I was in the middle of nowhere in UP.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this September
  • Aditya |25 Jan,2013 06:57:16 PM

Yes i do agree , we have the same problem but mahindra has repaired them without any complaint . The Car is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunny |10 Jun,2013 04:32:59 PM

Aditya your reply seems to be an obviously controlled one, you seem to be bluffing about mahindra support thousands of people have expressed their disappointment about mahindra's below ordinary customer service, & you come around singing songs of praise, do not write your reviews just for the heck of it & misguide other people, these forums are a platform for genuine exchange of information & ownership experience, do not please mess around here

• Mohammad Hanzla |26 Jan,2013 05:18:03 AM

I am really annoyed with this crap, as I bought this car, just after 3 weeks I had to take this back for an noise in the front wheel, they had told me that we will have to change your brek pads, I was shocked, that how can it be possible, any how I got back home, after a week gave then a buzz regarding the same issue, they told they will call as the spare parts are in stock, now I has been 7 months finally I got in done, but the noise is still goin, in these 7 month I had seen lots of problems, like the front lam, was fused 7 times, so we get 2 as a spare, we got that done, but then I had t pay for the 4 bulbs, it was strange to me, I had never got it replaced in my previous cars, but what to say about this crap xuv , It should have been named as a mahindra tractor for city , honestly this time I has been problems and problems, and who has time to see to this crap, I mean when you get these many complains, then you have to do something which can satisfy your customers, but I don't think they want this to happen, also these days there is a problem in the power steering, the noise is really scary, I feel like trashing this carm don't know what to do, I think we all must email to mahindra regarding these issues, over all problems will be there until we all give them a hard time. Well else we all know about what all problems are getting out, hope for the best..

• NFS72014 |12 Feb,2013 05:19:59 PM

FIND ANOTHER CAR WITH THAT FEATURES AT SAME MONEY

sunny |10 Jun,2013 04:37:51 PM

what good are the features if they dont work. gadget dummies are available every where why not load your car with those, at least you wouldnt pay this much for them

Deepak Bansal |11 Jun,2013 04:55:17 PM

Hi Sunny...I am planning to buy XUV 500? After reading so many mixed reviews, I am really confused and not able to decide. Though, I have also heard that Mahindra had made modifications in the new models to address the initial issues but really doubt now. Just wanted a fair and reasonable on the 2013 models. Request others also to comment who purchased it in 2013. Thanks for your time in advance.

• harpreet |01 Mar,2013 10:43:11 AM

Mahindra XUV500 .....vry. gud car

• Boopathy anand R |13 Mar,2017 03:56:25 PM

Hi i am gonna invest approx 16 lacs in bangalore for this xuv 500 base model, is it worth it or shall i go for tata hexa at the same price point

Jacob |15 May,2017 06:03:20 PM

Both Mahindra and TATA cars are not a good option for personal use. These cars are built for taxi purpose. We have to use maximum kms with in less time, then it will be worth. Since it is a high end feature car with low budget, we cannot demand any guarantee for its parts and body, both interior as well as engine side quality. So in my opinion, you can buy these cars if you are ok with these things.