Awesome SUV That Can Be Trusted For Performance And Safety

By for Mahindra XUV500 2014-01-23 18:51:56.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Performance, Safty Features

Cons : Cabin Noise sometimes, front right visibility

Look and Style: There is no doubt that the traffic gives you way out of respect. It looks muscular. The Cheetah is great wherever you go; mud roads, highways, traffic, and small bylanes.

Comfort: It feels like to be at home. It is a big vehicle, but manoeuvring makes it seems like my Santro Xing. Five people can travel in luxury from Kanyakumari to Ladakh without any problem. Last two seats are meant for short built or children or luggage.

Pickup: Shift to second gear and it tries to jump over.One needs to control. It's a beast.

Mileage : It is around 12-14kmpl in the city, but who cares if you drive the XUV.

Best Features: Night head turn lamp, the central console which works with my Mahindra Blue application.

Needs to improve: Sometimes cabin noise is there on bad roads. Front right corner visibility is not that good when one put rain wiper.

Overall Experience: It's been awesome as I am using it for last 14 months and have driven it 14000 kilometres.Service centre experience is also excellent. My kids love it.

• L. Tony |18 May,2015 02:39:48 PM

My XUV 5OO suddenly stopped in the middle of the city & clutch pedal was not coming back to the normal position. After some time I managed to put the vehicle in 1st gear & parked on the side of the road. The vehicle was towed to the nearby Mahindra workshop, 'TVS & Sons Ernakulam' and after a couple of days Mahindra dealer said that the clutch & flywheel are damaged and need replacement. The cost quoted was around Rs 40,000 and asked me to pay. My vehicle is still under guarantee, but the Mahinrda dealer 'TVS & Sons Ernakulam' has informed me that 'clutch & flywheel' are not covered under the guarantee. Even though the vehicle is done only 26,000 km, they say this is not due to manufacturing defect !!!. Moreover the spare clutch & flywheel are not available with the Mahindra dealer and I am waiting for the last 10 days to get it repaired and have no idea when the spares will be available and when this will be repaired. The Mahindra dealer advised me to contact Mahidra directly regarding the issue. When I contacted Mahindra, they advised me to contact the Mahindra dealer !!! Unfortunately I am one of the earliest owners of Mahindra XUV5OO and bought the car without waiting for the users feedback and got carried away with the looks & 'WORLD CLASS' slogan by the manufactures, Mahindra.