RX5 Latest Update
MG has begun testing the RX5 SUV in the country alongside the Baojun 530. One of these would become MG Motor India’s debutant offering, set to be launched in the first half of 2019 with an expected starting price of Rs 14 lakh. However, we feel chances of the RX5 getting launched here are more compared to the Baojun 530. The RX5 is essentially a rebadged Roewe, another brand under the SAIC (Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation) umbrella like MG. In the Chinese market, the RX5 is powered by two turbocharged petrol engines: 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre, along with a plug-in hybrid version that uses the same 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine. Both the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre turbo petrol come with an option of a manual or a dual-clutch automatic transmission. Apart from the two petrol engines, the India-spec SUV will also offer the Fiat’s 2.0-litre MultiJet diesel engine. The RX5 is a feature-loaded SUV with goodies on offer such as a larger 10.4-inch touchscreen, LED headlamps, and panoramic sunroof, among others. If launched, the MG RX5 would go up against SUVs such as the Hyundai Creta (higher variants), Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV500 and the upcoming Tata H5X-based SUV.
Alternatives of MG RX5
MG RX5 Videos
MG RX5 2021 has 1 video of its detailed review, pros & cons, comparison & variant explained,test drive experience, features, specs, interior & exterior details and more. Watch our Latest Hindi video of MG RX5 to know price, safety features & more.
- 13:43MG ZS, RX5 SUV and MG 3 Hatchback in India! | Walkaround | ZigWheels.comJan 07, 2019
MG RX5 Images
Top Suv Cars
- best suv cars
MG RX5 price list (Variants)
|UPCOMINGRX51498 cc, Manual, Petrol||Rs.14.00 Lakh*|
Pros & Cons of MG RX5
Things We Like
- Clean and sophisticated European styling
- The MG RX5 already has a plug-in hybrid model that could be introduced here at a later stage
- Always connected to the internet and can do several things such as remote start, switch on the AC, make payments, among others
- Will be bigger than both the Creta and Compass but would still be priced in the same range
Things We Don't Like
- MG is a relatively unknown brand in the country compared to Hyundai and Jeep
- Dealer and service network would be limited at the time of launch
Stand Out Features
Panoramic sunroof makes the cabin airier
Built-in cabin air purifier keeps the air healthier to breathe
Large Tesla-like 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system based on Alibaba’s YunOS
MG RX5 User Reviews
- All (6)
- Looks (5)
- Engine (1)
- Interior (1)
- Space (1)
- Price (1)
- Performance (1)
- Experience (1)
- More ...
- View All RX5 Reviews
Are you Confused?
Ask anything & get answer in 48 hours
Questions & Answers
- Latest Questions
What is the expected price of MG RX5?
What is the estimated launch date of MG RX5?
What are the expected key specifications of MG RX5?
What are the alternatives/competitors of MG RX5?
Does the MG RX5 have a sunroof?
Is this confirmed for launch in india in March 2021?
Is it true that the 2 liter engine of MG RX5 is made by Volkswagen?
Is MG Motor RX5 an electronic car?
Does MG RX5 have 360 view camera?
More Car Options to Consider
Write your Comment on MG RX5
Trending MG Cars
Other Upcoming Cars
- Hyundai AlcazarRs.13.00 Lakh*Expected Launch: May 15, 2021
- Mahindra TUV 300Rs.10.80 Lakh*Expected Launch: Apr 15, 2021
- Honda HR-VRs.14.00 Lakh*Expected Launch: Mar 24, 2022
- Tata HexaRs.14.00 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 14, 2021
- Volkswagen TaigunRs.10.00 Lakh*Expected Launch: Apr 15, 2021
- Tata SierraRs.14.00 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jan 10, 2022